Skip to content

Alternate Elven Chain?

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Hello,
So I super don't like the bright green elven-chain icons for bg2. I've tried repainting them in GIMP but nothing looks right. It should be shiny, like mithril. Anyone run across (or make) a better BAM for elven chain?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2022
    Chain of Drakkas item from IWD2 has a very nice elven chain like bam. Mithral-silver colored like you want.

If you get the bam file from that game and rename it to elven chain's bam file for bg2, then put it into override, it will work for the icon of the item. However to change how the colors look on your character you need to edit the item file itself, too. (under when equipped color change effects)
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    lunar wrote: »
    Chain of Drakkas item from IWD2 has a very nice elven chain like bam. Mithral-silver colored like you want.

If you get the bam file from that game and rename it to elven chain's bam file for bg2, then put it into override, it will work for the icon of the item. However to change how the colors look on your character you need to edit the item file itself, too. (under when equipped color change effects)

Thanks for the suggestion! I have IWD2 and I've looked through the BAMs but managed to miss that one. I've changed the colors to a very cool metallic light blue sheen. One of the few "paint jobs" I'm proud of in NI.

If anyone wants to see what lunar is referring to, here's an image:
    https://sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/Walkthrough/lists/items/chain_drakkas.php
    I've made a bam using the +1 chainmail and editing the colors slightly in GIMP. I think it looks pretty neat and makes a good replacement for anyone unhappy with the green chainmail in the vanilla game.

If your curious, the colors I used for the actual armor as it appears on your character are identical to Drizzt's Mithral Chain +4.
    Here's an alternative with richer colors.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Are these in WeiDU format? If not, may we get them that way?

Thankee!
    Endarire wrote: »
    Are these in WeiDU format? If not, may we get them that way?

Thankee!

Sadly, I don't know how to do that. If you like I can get you the .itm file and you can just drop it into your override folder.