Skip to content

Party makeup

SamhainSamhain Member Posts: 6
It's been a very long time since I have played BG at all but have recently got the EE edition and some mods that looked interesting and wanted some experienced players opinions on my idea for a party. My idea for a party is as follows...

Cleric/Ranger (multi)
Sirene (Paladin - martyr kit)
Jan
Anomen
Kelsey (sorcerer)
Tashia (sorcerer)

My big worry is that the party is too heavy in casters and not strong enough in melee... Thanks a million. :)
Post edited by Samhain on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited April 2022
    I'm not familiar with all of those mod NPCs - can you include their classes in the description?

But in general, BG2EE is weighted in favor of spellcasters. Sure, you need some warriors to finish off the enemies that your casters have incapacitated, or beat down the ones you couldn't - but I see at least three warriors in that party. You should be fine. My current evil party is Dorn/Korgan/Anomen/Viconia/Hexxat/Edwin, and they're doing just fine.

(Well, all right, I might not be the best source here. I've also cleared everything, with SCS at a high difficulty, while completely forbidding my party from ever casting arcane or divine spells. There's a lot of room for less than optimal parties to succeed, and to build strategies that leverage skewed compositions.)
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • SamhainSamhain Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your response, mate. The fact that you have finished SCS at all tells me that even though it's been a while since I have played the game that the party I am planning to use will manage just fine. :)