Skip to content

Game Crashes When I Select the Character Record Menu

So yesterday I was playing the game fine with no problems at all. But today I loaded my game and in the place of my char's portrait there was a question mark over a silhouette of a head. At first I figured there was just some problem with my custom portrait (even though it had been working fine yesterday) so I clicked on my character record so I could change the picture, but the moment I clicked on it my game froze briefly then crashed.

I tried opening the game and loading my save again a couple of times but every time I clicked the character record the same thing happened, I tried loading earlier saves but same thing: no portrait, if i click the character record the game crashes. I can look at the character records of the rest of my party no problem, just not the main char.

I went to the character creator to see if the custom portrait I had been using showed up, it did with no issues, then I made another character with a different portrait, saved outside the inn, exited the game then went back in and loaded the save. The save with the new character did not have the character record problem.

Does anyone know why I'm crashing? Or how to fix it? Or is having a similar problem?

I'm only in Beregost so could just make up a new character and start again from the beginning, but I'd rather be able to continue my current character... the time spent re-rolling her stats alone o.o