Skip to content

Op Code 243 (Item Drain) removing equipped items that can swap forms (cdtweaks)

XansXans Member Posts: 4
edited April 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
I'm attempting to resolve an item deletion bug(?) in my current playthrough that I have not noticed in previous playthroughs with the cdtweaks 1h <-> 2h for bastard swords(etc) installed.

Basically the items are set up with a 1 charge use that creates the alternate version of the item, eg using a 1h creates a 2h, and then delete the original because When drained: Item vanishes (1). However, as an example, with SCS installed, SPIN550.spl (Anti-Magic Ray) drains 5 uses from all items which deletes the base weapon without creating the alternate form.

Is there any workaround short of editing all affected items to not be removed when drained(duping), removing item drain from everywhere it appears, or editing all affected items to be indestructible(a bunch of critical items seems like a bad idea)? Ideally changing opcode 243 so it doesn't remove the last charge.

Comments

• XansXans Member Posts: 4
    Realized that all the disappearing items had the charge ability set to magic(3), so I converted them to melee(1, same except can't be drained) and my issue appears fixed.. https://gist.github.com/xanthics/9ba886095c64ca69a26adaf690a3a9ea
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    That maybe should be reported to the tweak anthology forum?
    I'm not sure because I couldn't tell if that was caused by cdtweaks itself or some other modification you made.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    What if you went with the at-will mode - magic, no charges - as seen on the Cloak of the Wolf?