Skip to content

Using EET_modConverter

MindTyrantMindTyrant Member Posts: 22
edited April 2022 in General Modding
I am very new to modding Infinity Engine games, Enhanced Edition or not. In fact, I am still struggling to make my first modded play through. I finally feel like I got Project Infinity under control, and that even used it to make a basic EET install. It works.

While trying to make my full modded installation, I ran across a mod that has a kit I am extremely eager to use. This mod is on the mod compatibility list here on Beamdog for both V2 .6 BG1EE and BG2EE. However, it does not appear to be compatible with EET.

It does not have "~eet~" for its GAME_IS choices. I used the mod converter to add this; I believe I was successful. I do not believe it refers to specific chapters in either BG 1 or 2, as when I run that part of the tool, it outputs nothing. However, I see there is a lot more to the tool I could be missing.

My problem is this mod with the kit I want does much more than adding several kits. I know it changes several items in both BG 1 and 2. Some items are unique to one game, others are present in both games. It also changes spells common to both games, adds a weapon style to both games, and adds some HLAs to BG 2.

I also read the Modder's Notes for this tool, and I see I am supposed to run something called PCU for games with BG 1 content? Any help anyone can give would be appreciated, as the Modder's Notes are still a little above me. Thank you in advance for any advice and assistance.