Skip to content

No spider body dropped in Landrin's home.

bobulibobiumbobulibobium Member Posts: 2
I killed all the spiders in the house and none of them dropped a spider body. There should be a spider body on atleast one of them upon defeating them all.

Comments

• SpangoNutsSpangoNuts Member Posts: 6
    Same happened to me.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited December 2012
    Strange, it popped for me. Try posting it here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/218/bug-reporting-process#latest
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    I found the spider body, too. Although i had to search carefully. it is very small item and you have to place the mouse on a handful of pixles only to be able to find it.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited December 2012
    You know you can use [tab] button and zoom are helpful in that case. I found it so maybe you should check it more carefully just after killing spiders (I'm not sure if it disappears after leaving the area).
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Beastman
    I would like to play a game with you.
    imageCan you find something that looks similar to this image somewhere in the vicinity of your computer?

As for @bobulibobium
    It shouldn't matter, but did you have Gore activated by any chance? Or did you leave the house and return later to search for the body?
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    So yeh I did a search to see if this has been reported. Nothings come up so...

It probably has been if so I apologise.

But when going to Lirane's house in Beregost to deal with the spiders infesting it for her (she is a gnome at the top of the Friendly Arm Inn) the spiders are supposed to drop a body, and do not appear to.

So basically, expected is the spiders dropping a dead spider body in order to complete the quest.
    What isn't happening, the spider body being dropped rending the quest uncompletable.

I sorted it with a bit of jiggery pokery to get ShadowKeeper working to edit it into my inventory. So it isn't a HUGE problem or anything.

But fot id report it nonetheless.
  • RoseveldRoseveld Member Posts: 11
    I actually got the spider body from one of the spiders. Altho I kited and killed them outside of the shed. (maybe this changes something?)
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    I killed them inside and found the body.
    Did you use [tab] while looking for the body (only 1 spider's body can be picked) maybe it was hidden somewhere from the eye?
  • Mr_SrslyMr_Srsly Member Posts: 3
    I had no issues with this, however, I encountered a different issue (well, assuming it is an issue). Namely, when I killed the spiders, I completely forgot to loot the body (doing it for the nth time makes the whole experience slightly less engaging, sue me :P ) and when I realised my mistake (after delivering the boots and bottle of wine) returned to find it missing, presumably despawned.

Not sure if that is expected behavior, but if all items despawn when left unattended on the ground, this could cause some serious issues with quests, not sure how that went on with vanilla or modded BG, but I never really bothered to pay too much attention to that, so maybe it is expected to happen.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    No im fairly certain it didn't spawn at all.

I was using tab at the time so I dont see how I coulda missed it. lol.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Single player or multiplayer?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I will make the spider body 'critical' item, i guess dead spider bodies remain for years, so this isn't a problem :D
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Cool.