Skip to content

Problem with portraits and character movements

For some reason, when I select a single character portrait to move in the game, the entire party moves. I'm trying to get Imoen to loot a dead body, but when I select her portrait, the entire party moves together. The same thing happens no matter which character I choose. I select the portraits, but the entire party moves... NEVER just the one character I've selected. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

T. Smith

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    For an interface issue like this ... what platform are you playing on? And what, exactly, are you doing that isn't getting the results you expect?

As an indicator to whether you have multiple party members selected, you can look at the bar at the bottom of the screen. If it has stuff like belt slots, spell quickslots, specific class abilities, and weapon selection, you have a single character selected. If it just has "attack" and "stop" buttons, you have multiple characters selected.

Also, when it comes to looting corpses, there's a button (a brown/red diamond) that shows nearby items in ground piles so you don't have to walk a character over to the pile. If you have multiple characters selected, an item you pick up will go into the first character's inventory. Until that inventory is full, of course. Then you have to move things around to make room.