Skip to content

How to choose the items that companions will have from the beginning of the game.

RhogarKerrhylonRhogarKerrhylon Member Posts: 5
I've been looking for a way to choose which items the companions will start with for a long time. An example is Khalid and Jaheira who had adventures with Gorion and start the game with almost no items, which doesn't make sense to me, as they have been adventurers for some time, and these adventures would earn them money to have decent equipment that allowed them to survive. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has this question, but if anyone knows how to program the items that the companions will have before recruiting them I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• RhogarKerrhylonRhogarKerrhylon Member Posts: 5
    I'm Brazilian and I apologized because I'm not fluent in English
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    If you can get to the data, the companions have .CRE creature files. Editing those, by putting an updated version in the override folder, is how you alter starting equipment; those .CRE files include not only their basic stats like class and level but also their equipment.
    In the case of Khalid and Jaheira, those starting creature files are KHALID.CRE and JAHEIR.CRE; the higher-level ones with numbers after them are not used in the EE.

A standard tool for working with this stuff is the Near Infinity program - look in the "General Modding" forum for a link to that.
    Thank you very much for your attention in advance for responding so quickly, I will try and let you know if it worked. I actually enjoy playing on the "Legacy De Bhall" difficulty and have my own team that starts its story in the black pits. But as adventurers of certain experience who are companions, I want them well equipped, for as my adventures unfold they can partake of their own and survive until Baldur's Gate II.
  • Ecthelion_TREcthelion_TR Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2022
    Isso é bem simples de fazer na vdd, use o Near Infinity e edite o .CRE do npc escolhido.

Mas o que vc tem em mente, levando em consideração que vc teria que ter muito cuidado para não deixar o npc muito OP?
    Como tenho minha própria equipe é só para a história fazer sentido ao meu ponto de vista, pois enquanto minha equipe tem suas aventuras os ncps também tem as suas, e como aventureiros experientes de um mundo na dificuldade "Legacy Of Bhall", ao meu ver não faz sentido eles terem itens tão simples e comuns
    Mas por acaso você sabe um tutorial de como fazer isso? Eu sou muito inexperiente em mexer no Infinity para fazer essa alteração que você propôs?
  • Ecthelion_TREcthelion_TR Member Posts: 8
    Faz o seguinte.....

1 - Primeira coisa, baixa o Near Infinity.
    2 - Vai na aba Game e escolha o Open Game, vá até a pasta do jogo e clique no chitin.key
    3 - Agora vc está dentro dos arquivos do BG, Do lado esquerdo vc vai clicar em um pequeno círculo do lado da pasta CRE.
    4 - Procure o arquivo JAHEIR.CRE, clique nele e vai abrir todos os stats do arquivo no lado direito.
    5 - Vá para a aba edit (vc pode exportar caso queira fazer um backup), procure as linhas Item 0, Item 1 e Item 2
    - Aqui já seria bom vc saber os itens que vc quer trocar
    6 - Duplo clique no item, na janela que abrir vc troca o item e clica em update value e feche essa janela, faça isso em todos os itens que vc quiser substituir.
    7 - Depois que as substituições estiverem feitas salve o arquivo, ele vai enviar esse arquivo direto para a pasta Override.

Refaça todo o processo para o Khalid, o arquivo dele é KHALID.CRE

Eu fiz esse processo e troquei a armor inicial da Jaheira pela Protetora da Segunda +2.

jrmn4s5mcfhe.jpg

Agora caso vc queira algo mais simples, pega o save e troca no EE Keeper