Skip to content

Ashatiel's CRE sprite in vanilla SoD

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
Could someone with a vanilla SoD installation tell me what the sprite assigned to Ashatiel (BDASHATI.CRE) is?

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    FIGHTER_FEMALE_ELF - 0x6111
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited May 2022
    Thank you, @Bubb .

Do you know what it is that makes her display wings? I thought it would be the 1PP attachable wings, but Ashatiel’s CRE does not appear to have them equipped as an item.

I usually play with restored BG1 sprites and I’m trying to understand why wings don’t display with them.
    It's BDERINYE.ITM.

I still need to understand why it doesn't display on BG1 sprites though. @Bubb perhaps you could take a peek at the code to see what's what?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    The wings are coded as a helmet animation. For BG2 sprites the resref it pulls from starts with (animation INI height_code_helmet) + (equipped helmet animation code).

The only BAM range that has the wings is WQMZW(...), which correlates to the following animations:
    5001 - CLERIC_MALE_ELF_LOW
    5011 - CLERIC_FEMALE_ELF_LOW
    5101 - FIGHTER_MALE_ELF_LOW
    5111 - FIGHTER_FEMALE_ELF_LOW
    5201 - MAGE_MALE_ELF_LOW
    5211 - MAGE_FEMALE_ELF_LOW
    5301 - THIEF_MALE_ELF_LOW
    5311 - THIEF_FEMALE_ELF_LOW
    6001 - CLERIC_MALE_ELF
    6011 - CLERIC_FEMALE_ELF
    6101 - FIGHTER_MALE_ELF
    6111 - FIGHTER_FEMALE_ELF
    6201 - MAGE_MALE_ELF
    6211 - MAGE_FEMALE_ELF
    6301 - THIEF_MALE_ELF
    6311 - THIEF_FEMALE_ELF

You might be able to copy the wing BAMs over to the BG1 ranges to make it show up for them, but they might be out of alignment.
    It is possible that it won’t work because BG1 sprites won’t accept that particular helmet animation code. I’ll see what I can do but chances are it won’t be feasible as is. Thanks for looking into it.