Skip to content

Item Mod Request

Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
edited May 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey!!!

I have a relatively simple Mod Request and maybe if a Modder has time and Interest creating that little Item it would be highly appreciated by me and maybe others as well.

The Item in Question is the "Violet Ioun Stone of Pride" and I would like to ask if it is possible to put it in the Store of Thunderhammer Smithy in BG EE and Ribald's Store in BG2 EE.

The only Ability I really would like the Ioun Stone to have is Protection against Critical Hits and maybe a Penalty of -1 to Wisdom.

In Terms of Item Descriptions I thought about something like this:

This Violet Ioun Stone originally belonged to a Dwarven Paladin of Clangeddin Silverbeard called Hesgruc Goldblade. Hesgruc was a prideful Man who wanted to be admired for his Skillfull Handling of his Golden Sword and who wanted to be easily identified by his Brothers and Sisters in Arms on the Battlefield. In Pursuit of this Goal he commissioned a Special Ioun Stone from his Clan's Best Blacksmith. The Ioun Stone should allow him to show his face on the Battlefield to everyone but also have similar Protections a Helmet would grant the Wearer.

His Wish was granted allowing him to show his Skill to everyone. A few months after he received his new Magical Item he paid the price for his Vanity though. During an Ork Raid on the Fortress of the Dwarves, Hesgruc was quickly surrounded by a Troop of Orkish Halberdiers. The Orkish General specifically instructed his Man to surround and kill Hesgruc Goldblade as fast as possible. Due to him not wearing and enclosed Helmet like his Comrades it was an easy task identifying him during the Battle and only thirty minutes after the Battle started Hesgruc was slain.

The Morale of the Story is simple. Sometimes it is wiser to be humble than boastfull.

The Price could be between 10000 to 15000 Gold. The Names are not set in Stone. So maybe you guys have better Ideas.

I think especially Monks and Kensais would appreciate an Item like this. Since it would be a significant Power Boost for them i opted for a higher Price.

Maybe someone want to pick this up :)
Post edited by Wutan1988 on

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2022
    So I took your description, proofread it and put it together. It costs 12500 in the BG series and 62500 in IWDEE (sans adjustments), dumps both Intelligence and Wisdom by one point, available in High Hedge, Ribald's Store, Belegarm's Store in the Coalition Camp and Orrick in IWDEE.

EET is supported.
    Post edited by GraionDilach on
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2022
    Thank you very very much for Fullfilling my Mod Request :)o:)
    I think it really helps out poor Monks especially on harder Difficulties with Double Damage enabled and is also a nice Option for any Character who doesn't want to have an Helmet Animation!!!!!

Sry for my poor English btw.
    I am not a Native English Speaker so I appreciate that you polished the Item Description and Story as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    👍 :)
    @GraionDilach

Hi,

i had a bit of time now for a new install yesterday and checked out your Ioun Stone you made for me :)
    Everything works excellent. Unfortunately i made one Typo in that part of the text:
    "Due to him not wearing and enclosed helmet.."

If you have a bit of free time i would be happy when you can correct my mistake.
    Maybe i can change it with a Text Editor???

I included a Screenshot.

Thank you a lot for your help :):):)

i06lzp7hgr9x.png
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited June 2022
    Altering strings on an already installed mod is messy and generally a bad idea. But if you feel like reinstalling it, the file you need to edit is setup.tra (which is a plain text file, so use a text editor). Path violetiounstone/zgvioletiounstone/english. That file contains the strings that this mod needs to add into the game's text; the item description is entry 101, enclosed by tildes.

I did not have to look hard for this. Standard mod architecture puts those strings in .tra files, to support multiple languages easily if translations become available.
    Heh, I was even considering to not use a tra file for this one but I find traless mods harder to review. Fixed nonetheless.
    Ok I did a New Install since I just started anyway. Thank you very much fixing the typo so quickly :);)o:)

Now it's also possible playing Characters without Helmet Animations. I wonder if that would be possible to make a Mod with Toggling Helmet Animations on and off :o

• MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    That looks like quite a nice tweak! I often play with a monk so it sure looks useful.

Maybe I could open a similar thread to see if it someone might help with tweaking another item that interests me. Hmmm...
    Wutan1988 wrote: »
    Now it's also possible playing Characters without Helmet Animations. I wonder if that would be possible to make a Mod with Toggling Helmet Animations on and off :o

Toggling would be complicated. Tweaks Anthology has an option to remove helmet animations though.