Skip to content

High level resources in BG:EE

DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
I'm not sure this belongs in the "modding" section, but I wanted to discuss it. I tinkered around after removing the level cap in EE and found that the character progression was good, including excess spells (on my sorcerer) all the way to level 9, although the Wish spells were understandably borked. (They'd summon the genie, but he has no dialogue file, so he just sits there.) However, the HLA tables are empty (or have useless entries). For the sake of saying some insane player wants to write up a high level campaign for his friends before Beamdog gets around to BG2:EE, does anyone know if there is any way to use existing BG2 resources to insert the HLA table into BGEE? It's already got the HLA progression for the characters, it just doesn't put anything in the slots.

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Even though BG:EE uses the ToB engine, there was little reason to bother updating/tinkering any data from things over 161k XP as the characters will not officially progress that high
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    I'm aware, I just was wondering if BG2's existing HLA tables (and perhaps supporting resources) could be placed in the override folder to make HLAs available for people wishing to create their own campaigns, since I have some interest in that area.