Skip to content

Nerdanel the Bard - EET playthrough

OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
I'm using an absolutely insane # of mods, so I don't know how far I'll get before I hit something that breaks the game.

After Gorion told me we were leaving, I picked up an axe, a composite longbow, and some arrows. Ran an assortment of errands. Picked up letters to deliver for Camryn and Sister Sapienta. Met Finch, Breagar, Recorder, and Rjali and their guardian before leaving.

Last night Gorion and I were ambushed; he told me to run, and was killed by our assailants. This morning Imoen and Grey found me. We went back to Candlekeep; they wouldn't let us in, but they at least sent someone to collect Gorion's remains and see that he got a proper burial.

We avoided a creepy looking man and halfling on the road, but found a diamond in the bole of a tree. We've been pestered by gibberlings and a few wolves, but nothing we can't handle so far. (because I'm saving the werebadger in the SW until I've got some magic weapons, and the warband of goblins and hobgoblins in the NW until I've got some CC or at least a full party).

(note: file format for the weidu log isn't allowed, so not linking it here)

Comments

• OlorinielOloriniel Member Posts: 49
    Met an old man at the Lion's Way Crossroads. Garish red garb, pointy hat, inquisitive.

Found a magic ring hidden under a stone.

Met a young mage named Brandock, who wan't help recovering his stolen possessions. An ogre blocks the way.
    We happened upon the wreckage of a caravan, and weren't able to save Bartleby the Longwalker. His dying request was to deliver the mail he was carrying.

Not far from the wreckage we were set upon by a pair of bugbears! They very nearly killed Haiass and Grey, while we plinked at them with arrows from a few feet away. Turns out that wand Imoen 'borrowed' from somewhere was a Wand of Wonder, and it petrified one of them! That was a near thing; much worse than the pesky xvarts and gibberlings!

We decided to go south instead of north. With assassins looking for us and Gorion's death, the Friendly Arm seems a bit too obvious a destination; despite Gorion's assurances that we were meeting friends there, I don't know them, and if his enemies found and dispatched him so easily, I'll need to be less predictable if I'm to survive.

(Avoiding Melia Quicknight for now)

In Beregost, we met some adventurers squabbling about how to divide their loot. Math genius me helped (and I got enough XP to level up. Now I have spells; if only I knew some!)

Pontag sees interdimensional beetles and warned me not to step on one.

We helped the Dudley family sort out the matter of a missing necklace. Their neighbor turned himself into a slime! We've got an empty bottle and a diary fragment; these might enable us to find someone who can help, or a solution to his problem.

Dave the Talosian priest was proselytizing; wasn't interested, but didn't want to see him arrested; not just for talking, anyway.

One of Bartleby's letters was for Firebead Elvenhair. He'd returned from Candlekeep, and he was looking for a book from Feldpost's. Two locals, Dunkin and Marl, nearly started a brawl with us, but we managed to defuse the situation peacefully, and sold the diamond and some other odds and ends we've picked up, while buying Firebead's book. Firebead gave us another book in return.

We recruited Aura, a gnome artificer, and Drake, a Lathandrite priest from Amn. Drake wants to hunt down an evil priest named Bassilus, so after resting at the inn we popped over to the temple of Lathander for a few supplies; there we met the tiefling paladin, Sirine, and asked her too to join us.

We started in the general direction of Bassilus' supposed location. Turns out the High Hedge area is crawling with skeletons. We disposed of several small groups. Then we were attacked by a ghoul; it paralyzed Sirene, but we destroyed it before it could capitalize on having rendered her helpless.

Gnolls, also, prowling the region. When Sirene, Drake and the dogs were badly injured and our healing resources were depleted, we rested to recover; we were interrupted a few times by more skeletons.

We were passing the mansion of the wizard Thalantyr, but a woman was banging on the door. Her name was Aiwell, and she was rather desperate for help, as her husband was afflicted with lycanthropy.

Thalantyr was rather unwelcoming. He did accept a letter Sirene brought from Beregost's mayor, and advised of the ingredients he'd need to help Aiwell's husband. One--guril berries--we remembered seeing at Feldpost's, so we trudged back to town and bought them. Thalantyr made the potion of lycanthropy reversal, we opened the door and lobbed it at Tonder, and...it worked. Tonder and Aiwell were so grateful; they gifted us with a flaming longsword! Of course, none of us use longswords....

Thalantyr was also pleased that we returned a lost wardstone to him.

With that, we proceeded south towards the Red Rocks Canyon.
    A hobgoblin ambush enabled us to replenish our arrows; between me, Imoen and Aura, we go through them pretty quickly.

We found Bassilus. The madman proved relatively easy to subdue.

Aura panicked at the sight of a bear.

We saved a talking chicken from a wolf. It claimed to be Thalantyr's apprentice, under a curse. Brandock thought he might have a solution in one of his books, and reminded us that we'd agreed to help him recover them. As easily as Bassilus went down, we can probably handle an ogre! We took the chicken--Melicamp--and headed back to Thalantyr's estate.

Brandock tried a polymorph spell to undo the curse on Melicamp; unfortunately, it seemed to swap his mind with that of a nearby half-ogre.

Thalantyr was able to restore Melicamp and Brandock both; he then sent Melicamp to the smith in Beregost to build some kind of divination machine, to locate the missing bracers that transformed Melicamp. He asked us to acquire some gems that would be needed for the process.

On our way, we swung over to the Temple of Lathander, to turn in Bassilus' holy symbol and collect our reward. The money may go a ways toward getting ourselves better equipment , and thereby increasing our odds of survival!

Along the way there, we were attacked by a zombie deer and several other zombies.

We found and slew the ogre without too much difficulty. Alas, when Brandock found his possessions--including a priceless book, that was supposed to have secured his admission to Candlekeep--it had been nearly destroyed by wild animals.

We found another wrecked caravan, this time with bandits still present. They tried unsuccessfully to kill us. On one of them, we found a cloak clasp bearing the heraldic device of the Silvershield family. Guess a noble was one of their victims.

When we got back to the road, we were attacked by Melia Quickknight, a bounty hunter--or assassin--who had been waiting for us. After killing her, we headed back to Beregost to stay the night in an inn, and consider our next move.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Nice to see a new poster in this section. May your run go well, and may the bugs you encounter be fixable.
    Oloriniel wrote: »
    While ".log" isn't allowed, it's a plain text file. You can just put the text in a spoiler if you really want that information here. Or abbreviate it.
    Turns out that wand Imoen 'borrowed' from somewhere was a Wand of Wonder, and it petrified one of them!
    I think this one's EET's fault. Imoen's wand in BGEE is a Wand of Magic Missiles ... but it's not the same WAND03 that most such wands are. Instead, it's WAND12, which is nearly identical but lacks the effect allowing Shield to block it.
    The problem is that when we start merging resources ... WAND12 in BG2EE is the Wand of Wonder. So Imoen gets one of those, even though it's an absurd item at level 1.
    There's also a copy of that nonstandard Wand of Magic Missiles on Mordaine from the Candlekeep group combat tutorial. Every other instance of the WoMM in the game is the standard one.
    Day 7

When we arrived back in Beregost, we saw Pontag again. He promised to show us proof of his interdimensional beetles, tomorrow.

On our way to the Red Sheaf, we were hired by a young bard named Garrick, on behalf of the "thespian extraordinaire" Silke. Turned out to be a scam, and when we wouldn't kill her innocent victims, she turned on us. Her would-be victims were suitably grateful. One of Bartleby's letters was for Garrick. He didn't have anything to say after we defended ourselves from Silke, though (some variable must not have been set properly).

But when we entered the inn, we were attacked by Korlat, another assassin. After killing *him*, we saw Tulbor in the corner. For 100 gold, he gave us an antidote for the potion that turned Eltoth into a slime. More gratitude from both him and his neighbor once we restored his humanity.

We spent a night at the Jovial Juggler. On our way out of town, we met Mirianne, who's awaiting news of her missing husband, heard Gurke bellyaching about his stolen cloak, nearly killed a man who mistook me for his lover, and briefly chatted with Bjornin, an injured paladin who barely escaped being set upon by some half-ogres.

Outside the inn, we saw Bartus (my would-be seducer) being threatened by a jealous husband (or, perhaps, boyfriend). We settled the matter peacefully, and encouraged Bartus to head to Baldur's Gate, where he might pursue his chosen profession in greater safety.

Heading south on the road to Nashkel, we met a strange man who gave his name as "Left," and found a key in a tree on his property, near a flooded house. We fought hobgoblins, goblins, gibberlings, and ghouls. We talked some soldiers from Amn out of arresting us on suspicion of being bandits. We met the child Kessy, wailing about the loss of her pet rabbit, and retrieved it from Ugh, the ogre who had it, with the promise of bringing him a rabbit of his own. We were set upon by two more assassins; these at least had some decent gear, including armor for Sirene, a shield for Drake, and a wakizashi for Aura.
  • SelerelSelerel Member Posts: 172
    Thanks for posting! I'm following along
    Days 9 through 30

I've cleared the Fire Leaf Forest, the Dryad Falls, and Wilderness Lake areas. Not too many new quests. I'm enjoying this batch of companions, none of whom I've played through with before. Particularly Brandock, whose questline seems fun.

Far fewer consumables dropping; I expect I'll be buying more scrolls for spellbooks, given the dearth of random drops. Also buying more healing potions, as opponents tend to drink them rather than leaving them behind as loot. Ogre berserkers and magi, magi in general very pesky!

Coming up on 12k XP, which will put my bard at L5. Holding off on the xvart village and gnoll fortress until I've got fireball and other 3rd level spells. Thalantyr doesn't have web/stinking cloud available :( But I will, finally, drop by the FAI. I need that ring of wizardry!
    jmerry wrote: »
    Nice to see a new poster in this section. May your run go well, and may the bugs you encounter be fixable.
    While ".log" isn't allowed, it's a plain text file. You can just put the text in a spoiler if you really want that information here. Or abbreviate it.
    Turns out that wand Imoen 'borrowed' from somewhere was a Wand of Wonder, and it petrified one of them!
    I think this one's EET's fault. Imoen's wand in BGEE is a Wand of Magic Missiles ... but it's not the same WAND03 that most such wands are. Instead, it's WAND12, which is nearly identical but lacks the effect allowing Shield to block it.
    The problem is that when we start merging resources ... WAND12 in BG2EE is the Wand of Wonder. So Imoen gets one of those, even though it's an absurd item at level 1.
    There's also a copy of that nonstandard Wand of Magic Missiles on Mordaine from the Candlekeep group combat tutorial. Every other instance of the WoMM in the game is the standard one.

Thanks for the well-wishes, and the tips!

I'm not going to post the log as text; it's over a thousand lines long! It would be one thing as an attachment, but it doesn't make any sense to subject anyone to that kind of wall of text. I guess if anyone asks for it I can send it to them.

Thanks also for the tip re: the wand. Guess I'll be selling it and buying it at full charges when I have surplus cash :)

Days 30 to 65

I finally checked in at the Friendly Arm Inn. Some pre-EET content appears to have been overwritten; the slow road to Kara-Tur NPCs aren't here, Saradas (in the Temple) seems to think we're in Waukeen's Promenade, and I think some merchants with high-end weapons and armor are missing. On the other hand, Brokk is just fine, as are Ms. Godfrey and the mage with the Calimshite name. And there's a Shade-y guy looking for 5 renegades, and Bentley asked for help dealing with intruders in his basement. And someone else wants me to find 4 hidden portals, and Ignatius wants a book from Ulcaster.

I've mostly cleared the Rocky Coast; I'll go back for the sirines once I've got the ability to counter all the fog cloud, charms, and poison arrows. Likewise the lighthouse area. The Bear River area is also cleared.

The xvart village was pesky, but we managed. We've cleared the area surrounding the gnoll fortress as well, and got Nerdenel +1 CHA from the book there, but a thief keeps backstabbing Brandock and permakilling him on the way into the fortress, so saving that for later as well.

I've handled the exterior at Ulcaster, but there are too many vampiric wolves inside.

Bimmi watched as I slaughtered Eoin. Might have been tougher if I had to fight him and them simultaneously.

Brandock needs a sapphire and some octopus ink. I think I sold the one from Candlekeep at Feldpost's, so I'll have to swing back by to see if it's still there. Also, Thalantyr needs some gemstones to build his contraption to find the missing cursed bracers.

I finally checked in at Nashkel, killed the assassin, helped the ghosts at the bridge, killed the baby wyvern, agreed to look for Mrs. Brunnstein's son, heard about Brage, talked to the mayor. Picked up the free ankheg armor, but some mod has changed its base AC to 4 and wearing it inflicts a -5 DEX penalty! Armor in general gives less AC protection, but does give resistance to damage to make up for it.

Over at the carnival, I wasn't able to save the mage Aerie wanted me to help. Some guy's brother got eaten by a mimic. We did free Branwen. I'll want to fix the missing variable to I can (briefly) bring Garrick into the party, so we can do his quest and pick up the spiffy bard armor for Nerdanel.

I got Ugh's rabbit, but when I went back to the cave, one of the shade dude's missing renegades was there. Saving that for later.

I headed into the Nashkel mines. The assassin outside (and the gang inside) aren't as tough as I remembered. Resting is much more likely to be interrupted, but I eventually managed before the Mulahey confrontation. He gave me time to buff (bless and chant, mirror images) and move everyone behind him so we weren't caught between him and the skeletons and kobolds, so that fight went pretty smoothly. Xan's got some spiffy extra gear! Glad Brandock's got the 7th party functionality going on, so I was able to recruit Xan and give him stuff and take him to an inn; I don't think I'll want him later (I mostly want to stick with the party I have), but you never know.

Found a dead dwarf with a letter in Mulahey's lair, got the ore for Breagar, and found my way out of the mines. Party XP level is now about 30k, so Aura and Imoen just got 3rd level spells. I may wind up letting Imoen go; between her, Aura and me that's 3 secondary arcane caster/rogue types, and I could use more actual muscle. Though Mulahey's gear will beef up Drake a bit.

First significant issue. Pelltar is at the Temple of Lathander in Chapter 3, and takes me to Restenford, but Lendore Isle is not on the worldmap, and leaving town brings me to the worldmap, not the adjacent zone. I think I can circumvent with the console.
    Day 66 to 76

I've successfully completed the Bone Hill (part 1) content. Leaving the Spectator at the bottom of Bone Hill, and the Stone Golem guarding the Baron's treasury, for if I come back for Part II.

Used the console to travel to and from the various zones without map locations.

The Girdle of Hill Giant Strength--which is overpowered for this early in the game anyway--is another victim of consolidated resources (like the wand of magic missiles/wonder above). BELT06 is now a Girdle of Beatification
    edited June 2022
    Deleted; solved my issue.
    Post edited by Oloriniel on
    The Girdle of Hill Giant Strength--which is overpowered for this early in the game anyway--is another victim of consolidated resources (like the wand of magic missiles/wonder above). BELT06 is now a Girdle of Beatification
    No, that's something else. BELT06 is a girdle of hill giant strength in both BGEE and BG2EE without mods. It just isn't available in the standard BGEE campaign. The "Girdle of Beatification" is a new mod item that doesn't exist at all in the standard game. Is it one mod altering another mod's content, or a mod that you just don't remember as well as you thought?
    No, the mod by default gives you a belt of hill giant strength. I double-checked with EEKeeper that what I got was Belt06. But it's a Belt of Beatification (which I remember being an item in IWD, but not in BG/BG2). Maybe a mod overrode it, and it's not a consolidation issue.

Also, I hope I haven't hosed myself. In the spirit of item mods, I used Project Infinity to copy properties from one item and add them to a different one. Now Aura's name is "I just don't know", Sirine's is "I suggest you move slowly with it, Skie", and Drake's is "Maybe I'l show you my magic some time, dwarf."
    Strings like the in-game creature names are stored as integers referencing the "dialog.tlk" file. What you did seems to have displaced or overwritten a number of mod-added strings. And I doubt those three are the end of it. It's quite likely that any mod dialogue you run into will be incomprehensible, mod items will have nonsense descriptions, and so on.

It's possible that the game as a whole is in a decent state that just doesn't match where you started. In which case only those resources that have already been locked into the save will go wrong, while anything new you run into will work out.

Modding things in mid-run is strongly discouraged for a reason.
    Days 77 to 114

We've cleared most of the wilderness west of Nashkel/Beregost. Exception being the zone with Brage and the ruins, at which I've just arrived. There's an area in the lighthouse where the pirates were operating that didn't work, but Sil still believed me when I told her they were all dead, so I'm guessing it's just a dead end.

Between the poison, the blindness from the fog, the charms, high speed, and high AC, those sirines on the coasts were a big pain! But we got through it. There were hundreds of gnolls in that fortress! But the Gargoyle Boots from Bone Hill kept Brandock alive, while the web/stinking cloud combo made dealing with that gnoll/bounty hunter fight much more bearable. Also found a portal to another realm, where I recovered some papers for a gnome in Nashkel; Taerom was able to make a nice helm from the skull of a shadow wyvern I defeated there! Rescued Aaron Brunnstein and put his fiance's spirit to rest.

East of Nashkel/Beregost, we've cleared the plains of sharp teeth of basilisks, dracolisks, medusae and hill giants. And an insane gnome who gets off on turning people to stone. We found a trio of ghosts in a cave west of the Temple of Lathander, who can be freed if we find them a particular sword. Just how many swords are there on the Sword Coast, anyway? Seems like finding a particular needle in a stack of needles might be easier.

We recovered the cursed bracers from a halfling in Gullykin. Brandock's book has reformed itself, though we haven't tried re-recording any of his memorized spells yet.

I think once we're done with the ancient ruins, we'll see if we can find Tranzig, then go bandit hunting, and then perhaps explore more to the east of Nashkel/Beregost. I don't know that we're ready for Durlag's Tower, but I hear things about the Firewine Bridge. And once Brandock gets 5th level spells and can add Breach to his repertoire, perhaps we can handle the shadow mages in Ulcaster and Ugh's cave.

Not entirely sure what my technical issue was, but it appears to have resolved itself. But that was enough of a scare that I probably won't use NI or SK for anything but trouble-shooting going forward. XP is now in the 135k range, body count about 2100.

Not sure why, but Dread Wolves are acting like trolls. Passing out when reduced to low hit points, takes fire or acid to kill them.
    edited June 2022
    Days 114 to 169

115 - Apparently there was a bounty on Prism's emeralds. Seems a shame to defile that sculpture, though.

120 - Explored the Gibberling Mountains. Found a Flaming Fist deserter named Samuel, and at the imprecations of his girlfriend Lena took him to the Temple at the Friendly Arm Inn for healing and sanctuary.

123 - Explored the area around the Firewine Bridge ruins. Carsa dropped her jar; Kahrk did his level best to wreck us. Got a sweet new two-handed sword for Sirine, but it's awful hard to set aside the one she came with.

124 - Started exploring the dungeons beneath the Firewine Bridge. Saving the warded dungeon until I've got protection from Energy Drain; the 4th level priest spell's duration is nowhere near long enough at this stage. Found the ghost's armor, but didn't return it, because I'll need it to get the Vampire Sword to release the other ghosts. Will come back. Maybe I can find other broken armor somewhere.

126 - Confronted Tranzig at Feldpost's.

129 - Explored the Spider Woods. Retrieved Fahrington's scroll, which he let me keep, which was actually cursed. Stumbled on a quartet of Red Wizards up to no good.

130 - Bandit hunting in the woods. Found a golem with its brain missing. Found a brain in a barrel. Put brain in golem. Defended self from golem. Now the golem's worse off than before. I've got a few extra bruises, too. Also sent an obnoxious drow to the F.A.I.

131 - Shortly before dawn, we attacked the bandit camp. There were no survivors.
    Brokk, the dwarven smith at the FAI, thanked me for dealing with the bandits, and gave me a magic belt.

132 - Forgot I needed Jaheira for a peaceful Sashenstar-Seniyad resolution. Sashenstar's invited me to come see him if I ever visit Baldur's Gate.

133 - Gurke doesn't want his cloak back! Ah well, Thalantyr added some extra protections to it for us. While in Beregost though, we gave Otter the Amber flower he needed to cure his friend. Also, a dwarf in the town center was quoting a line from the letter we found on the dead dwarf in Mulahey's lair; he became rather hostile, and dead, after we told him we'd killed Mulahey.

135 - Ran into a soldier whose life had been saved by a giant sentient fungus, and who begged us to heal said fungus for him.

138 - We found a murdered dwarf near the Lion's Way crossroads. Judging from his effects, he had friends at the Temple of Helm in Baldur's Gate. Should we make our way there, we'll have to drop off his possessions.

139 - More assassins! But now we have an answer as to where they're all coming from; apparently there's a nest under the house next to the Beregost smithy. Add this to the list of "menaces to deal with later."

140 - Stopped back by Gullykin to give the gourmand his Kokazuran ingredients. Hope the meal's as good as he expected.

141 - Passed through Nashkel. Checked in on Noober, who's convalescing well. Brage is a free man; the evidence we acquired was sufficient to acquit him. Now if only his own conscience were as forgiving as the law.

142 - Taerom fitted that spider fang to Grey's tooth enhancements, giving him a poisonous bite!

143 - Brokk made me an ankheg shield, and a spear tipped with a unicorn horn we found in the bandit camp. Should give the wielder immunity to poison, which with all the spiders we've been facing is certainly a good thing!

145 - Chelak was devastated to learn of his brother's death. He took the body; he didn't want the sword.

146 - We managed to not have to fight most of the shadow druids (Miranda, alas, could not be reasoned with). And the mystery of the baby wyvern in Nashkel is solved; apparently the boy *was* supposed to have gotten a grass snake, but the delivery man gave them the wrong package. And gave the grass snake egg to Peter of the North, a breeder and trainer of wyverns. We arrived in time to save him from becoming wyvern food; in thanks, he abandoned a wraith spider egg to our 'care.'

149 - We crashed a wedding deep within the Cloakwood Mines. Also rescued an old dwarven priest named Yeslick, who as a score to settle with the Iron Throne.

150 - We have defeated Davaeorn, and flooded the Cloakwood Iron Mine. One of Bartleby's letters had been sent by Davaeorn's apprentice. And, how on earth did one of Camryn's transcribed novels find its way into Davaeorn's library?

151 - Let the dryad know we'd dealt with the new apex predator the Iron Throne had let loose on the habitat.

153 - Returned Perwell safe to his mother. Met Jet'Laya, who was looking for help to find her sister. Said farewell to Yeslick.

154 - Picked up Grey's new Ankheg Armor from Taerom.

160 - We got complacent while exploring the Woods of Sharp Teeth. The orcs and spiders were easily dispatched; the ghouls and shadows and zombies exploded at Drake's mere presence. Then we met 8 skeleton lords, throwing around lightning bolts like they were candy, and chewing their way through my party as if we weren't even wearing armor or protection (these 9 HD creatures had a THAC0 of 1!). Some scrolls of protection from lightning and potions of insulation, and fixing their THACO to the level-appropriate 12, enabled us to vanquish them, but it was still a near thing.

162 - Jet'Laya's sister had become a banshee, and we had no choice but to put an end to her. Apparently we've a lich to thank for this tragedy. And we will; as soon as we get sufficient protection from his magic that we'll have a chance of surviving the encounter!

166 - We brought the bad news to Jet'Laya's uncle, returning her necklace to him. He commissioned a special weapon for us from Otho Truehammer, another dwarf staying at Taerom's smithy (wonder if he knew Breagar?) It should be ready in a few days.

A Morninglord has asked us to recover a relic stolen by a dragon.

167 - The dragon has half the populace of Nashkel terrified. We've agreed to see to it. We gave Henning his winter wolf pelt; unfortunately, he only wanted the one. What am I going to do with the rest?

168 - This dragon breathes both fire and poison gas, and can dispel our protections. Without better protection, we cannot defeat it. The protections on the shade wyvern helm and the alicorn spear appear more durable than the scroll spells; perhaps I can find similar enchanted items before the dragon makes a wasteland of the Sword Coast!

169 - Seeking preventatives to keep the dragon from poisoning us. Keldath at the Temple of Lathander didn't have anything useful, but he did buy a wyvern head for 2000 gold.

XP for main - about 320k (10th level bard)
    Body count - about 3200
    I've given Ygnatius Bombastus the book he wanted, and agreed to meet him at the stone circles. But he never shows :(
    Somewhere along the way, I've managed to lose Grey. Not sure how to get him back, or if it's even possible.
    Days 170 through 217

173 - I freed the ghosts of children killed beneath the Ulcaster Academy. I gave the Ghost of Ulcaster one of the books from below that he sought. It seemed to help anchor him in the here and now. I was too late to save the Paladin of Milil for Recorder, though. Between the undead, the werewolf and wolves, the spiders, and the shadow adept....that was a nearly lethal experience.

180 - The halflings of Gullykin were grateful to us for dealing with the kobolds and ogre mage in the Firewine ruins.

181 - We cleared a farmstead of the zombies haunting it; then dealt with the source, a wisp that called itself "the Infesting Light." Also dealt with one of the insane shadow apprentices, and gave Ugh his replacement rabbit.

182 - Some Bhaal cultists had invaded the Friendly Arm Inn's basement. I evicted them. Also secured permission for Zee the kobold to set up shop there.

184 - I got a message that Candlekeep wanted me to come back and clear out a nest of spiders in their crypts. After they kicked me out I very nearly told them to piss up a rope, but decided to hear them out. While there, I delivered Dawn Priest Blaise's book to Sister Sapienta, and encouraged her to go visit him. I may have exaggerated a bit when I suggested he was seriously ill.

185 - The spiders were bad enough. The shadow adept was no fun either. But by far the worst were the doppelgangers! We appear to have stumbled on a plot to infiltrate Candlekeep, and stopped it before it could mature. Tethtoril was exceedingly grateful! He told me I was once again welcome, gave me back my old room, and a letter from Gorion.

I wish I'd burned it rather than reading it.

186 - Brandock turned into a half-ogre when fighting one of the doppelgangers. His bodyswap a few months ago appears to have had lingering effects.

187 - Aura's being hunted. We'll have to find her associate in the Undercellar to learn more about this threat.

188 - A...friend? ex? of Drake's sought us out when we arrived in the city. Apparently he's a former Shadow Thief, and was working on behalf of Athkatla's rulers to prevent that nefarious organization from assassinating the Dukes of Baldur's Gate and precipitating a war. We helped find and kill them, but it looks like someone else may have framed them.

193 - A man was hiding out from a woman claiming to be his fiancee; he'd never met her before, but had killed a doppelganger wearing his face. Turns out the woman was a doppelganger too!

194 - We found the half-ogre turned into Brandock's twin, and sent him on to the Temple of the Morninglord for sanctuary.

197 - We caught up with the dragon that has been terrorizing the region in the Gibberling Mountains. I'm so glad Drake is now capable of raising the dead!

208 - We returned the Ghastkill baby to its mother in Nashkel. The nanny had fallen in with a vampire lord; we braced them in their subterranean lair beneath Castle Daerthmac.

212 - All we were doing was looking for a missing dwarf. But the orc caves led to a duergar warren led to a drow nest, within which we interrupted a meeting between Shar Nadal of the Bregan D'aerthe and representatives of the Iron Throne, the group that had taken over Yeslick's mine. It seems the drow had supplied the Throne with the substance that was ruining the iron in the Nashkel mine. Along the way, we found Otho's dead nephew; on the way out, we lost Ferthgil Trollslayer, the only dwar who lived long enough for us to find. On the way out, we ran into some kind of demon. I don't think I've ever been so glad to see the sky, as when we finally emerged from those tunnels.

214 - Between Otho's mace, and a cloak we found among the drow that protects the wearer from their energy drain powers, we cleared out our second nest of vampires, this time in the warded Firewine Bridge dungeon.

216 - Back in Baldur's Gate, we told Shilo Chen we'd taken care of his ogres. The Proprietor at Sorcerous Sundries turned our wraith egg into a useful item before it hatched on us. Let Cordyr know Sil the Sirine is open to negotiating his return to fishing on the coast. Got a nice reward for dealing with the escaped basilisk in one of the warehouses in the docks district. For a sphene gem, a prophet told me my future was beyond the 'muck and mire' of the city. Helped a woman at the SeaTower find the courage to take in her orphaned grandson, and collected a dozen rabbits conjured by a mad wizard. The monks took in the wizard, Klaus, after he conjured a vampiric rabbit. Found Betsy the lost pet rabbit.

217 - The abbot at the Seatower was pleased to hear that he shouldn't have trouble from the restless dead in the catacombs, as long as no one plunders them.

XP for main: 580k (12th level bard)
    Body count: About 4300

Unfinished business - the Lich in the Woods of Sharp Teeth
    I got the reward for killing the 40 zombies, but the quest is still showing incomplete
    No Ignatius Bombastus to solve the Great Karlini quest
    Grey is still missing

The combination of Sword Coast Stategems/Butchery/The Horde is making for more challenging fights, and the inclusion of so many mods I haven't done before has really freshened up the game!