Skip to content

Move game to non internet computer

I actually brought this game for someone else as I do not play RTS gmes. How can I save and move theinstallation files, and later patch the game to a computer with no inter connection. Trust me when I say the person who's computer this will go to is the sort who could potentially crash the internet...not part of, the bloody thing!

Anyway any assistance would be greatly appreciated...and yes, to all the kiddies who have no manners or idea how to help, I have Googled this, read the FAQ's, prayed to Baal, ordered pizza, sacrificed my first born to satan and all the other things you rude bugga's demand when some asks a simple question!

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with what you're asking, but I can't resist the urge to point out that Baldur's Gate isn't an RTS, it's an RPG.
  • SonarMBSonarMB Member Posts: 3
    I do apologise for that...Im into Sims so I don't really know what you call them these days!☺☠
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    I would use a USB stick and copy the contents of where you installed it to the USB stick. Make sure you get the folder also found in the documents folder. You would probably then need a crack and I don't know if there are any around. Personally not going to help you on that even though you bought the game. I also have no clue how patches will work. The old days people usually made separate files for that. Now everything is updated through a client. You might be better off sticking with the GOG versions for now. Just download and install onto any computer, offline, on-line as many as you want, any time. Maybe someone will be able to help you out better than me. Sorry
  • SonarMBSonarMB Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the replies... I might go kidnap the said puter and put it online under my supervision, a apin but a workable pain I feel
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012
    You will have to connect that computer to the internet at least once at some point to activate the game.
  • PhysicsdummyPhysicsdummy Member Posts: 18
    Dude, you gotta interconnect your soul to the modem to transfer your files through the timestream.
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    My parakeets just mated.
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYneQsYaWz0
    You can't because the sixties.