Skip to content

Compiled List of Personally-Experienced Bugs

MattrexMattrex Member Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in Fixed
This is a compiled list of bugs based on my first hour or so with the game. I've endeavored to include everything that happened, though I may have forgotten one or two if they were particularly minor. At the very end are a list of things which may not strictly be bugs in the sense of an unexpected result, but I consider them to be issues worth investigating as well. Some of these may well be duplicates of existing reports, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to include them in my list as well, and I wasn't about to go trawling through dozens of pages to read all the bug reports myself anyway.

Here is the list of outright bugs:

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The backpack icon on the bottom of the screen is grey at all times when looting from a container or the ground, regardless of whether the backpack is full or not.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The backpack icon should be brown/gold when space remains in the backpack, and grey only when the backpack is full.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Unchecking the "Actions" and "Selection Text" options in the Feedback section of the Gameplay Options menu does nothing. Character action dialogue and selection dialogue still appears in the dialogue window when a character acts or is selected.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Unchecking these options should prevent action dialogue and selection dialogue from appearing in the dialogue window.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The "Marker Feedback" slider in the Feedback section of the Gameplay Options menu has six possible selections, while only five options (Minimum, Low, Medium, High, Maximum) are defined in the window at the bottom. Additionally, the highest value of the slider does not move all the way to the right.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The "Marker Feedback" slider should have exactly five positions to match the five options defined for that setting, and the "Maximum" position should be all the way to the right of the slider.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The "Locator Feedback" slider in the Feedback section of the Gameplay Options menu has six possible selections, while only four options (Minimum, Low, Medium, High) are defined in the window at the bottom. Additionally, the highest value of the slider does not move all the way to the right.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The "Locator Feedback" slider should have four positions to match the four options defined for that setting, and the "High" position should be all the way to the right of the slider.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Pressing Tab to reveal character hit points and the locations of doors and containers only reveals this information when the mouse cursor is located in the main window of the game. This information disappears whenever the mouse cursor is over the left, right, or bottom panels.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Pressing Tab should reveal character hit points, doors, and containers wherever the mouse cursor is located on the screen.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The tooltip for the "Help" button in the lower-left-hand corner of the UI reads "Rest" instead of "Help".
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The tooltip for the "Help" button should read "Help".

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The left edge of the tooltips for the "Party AI" and "Select All" buttons in the lower-right-hand corner of the UI remains visible on the lower UI panel after the tooltips disappear. Occasionally the tooltips will flicker. Going to another menu screen removes the "stuck" tooltip.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The entire tooltip should disappear when the mouse cursor leaves the button.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: On the Inventory and Record screens, a character's THAC0 and min/max damage displays (the final values located in the gold designs) lack a tooltip.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The THAC0 and min/max damage displays should have tooltips describing them, exactly like the Armor Class and min/max hit point displays do.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The spell level buttons located along the top of the Priest Scroll menu screen do not make the "page turning" sound when clicked, though the sound plays when the left/right buttons are clicked, and the sound plays properly in the Mage Spells screen.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The "page turning" sound--the same one that plays when clicking left/right--should play when clicking a specific spell level button along the top.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Text in the Journal screen is blurry and unpleasant to read. Text in item descriptions (viewed when right-clicking an item) is also blurry.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: This text should be crisp and should not induce eye strain.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The top row of "spell slot" icons at the bottom of the Priest Scroll screen, where memorized spells are placed, overlap with the graphical border that surrounds memorized spells.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The squares created by the "spell slot" icons should be shifted downward a few pixels, so that their upper edges do not overlap with the "Memorized" border.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Purchasing items from the Friendly Arm Inn using Imoen (Charisma 16) as a "face" does not reduce the shop prices from their default value.
* EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The character speaking to the merchant should reduce shop prices based on his or her Charisma. A Charisma of 16 should set shop prices to 95% of their default value.

Maybe Not Bugs, but Quality Issues:

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The text in the Journal screen, and in item descriptions, is of a different font than the original Baldur's Gate, even though the item names themselves are in the original font.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The font should be the same, preferrably using the old font exclusively; failing that, an option should be available to choose the font used by the game.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: The Graphics Options menu has only one option, "Full Screen", when there are many more graphical options available by editing the Baldur.ini file installed with the game.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: The Graphics Options menu should be more robust, containing the ability to edit graphical options presently only available through editing the Baldur.ini file.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Character markers--the ellipsoid rings around characters--are double-ringed when located on party members, and are all colored differently.
* EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: There should be an option to toggle between the original Baldur's Gate-style character markers (single green rings) and the new style.

* OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: Spell icons on the Priest Scroll and Mage Spells screens are of a particularly low quality and are spaced very widely, making the UI element appear overly large and mismatched for their small size.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Spell icons should be larger, less pixelated, and of a higher quality, or the UI element should be adjusted in size to better match the list of known spells.

My system specifications are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Memory: 12 GB
Video Adapter: nVidia GeForce GTX 580 (driver version 306.97)
Processor: Intel Core i7
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is tldr.
    Some of the stuff is not even a bug:
    character markers could be 'fixed' if you set the Colored Circles option to 0
    'Game Options', 'Color Circles', '0',

Help tooltip and backpack are fixed.

Please report individual still existing bugs that are still around and not reported.