Skip to content

Allow game to MINIMIZE, PLEASE!

pabloedvardopabloedvardo Member Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
Currently alt-tabbing while the game is running leaves the game 'always on top.'

This is without a doubt the most frustrating and stupid design I've seen in a game in years. I had to close and re-open the game three times while setting up my router port forwards just to get to my router utility. Then when I went to make my character, I thought hey, I should re-look at the list of classes... browser window of course was then underneath the game. Win+D or the show desktop button doesn't affect it.

My only saving grace is that I run multiple monitors, so if I FIRST move any relevant windows to the other monitor I can then access it when alt tabbing.

Still, extremely poor design and extremely frustrating.

Edit: Alt+Enter allows me to switch to windowed mode, but this is a workaround.

Comments

• luarmirluarmir Member Posts: 3
    Yup, it is pretty annoying. And for the OS, I am running WIndows 7 64bit
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    Hit the windows key then. No problem for me.
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    Alt+Tab. Problem solved.

(At least it works for me on W7.)
  • InkeytheRPGInkeytheRPG Member Posts: 23
    Alt+Tab does not work for me in Windows 7 either. Game stays above all other windows.
    Really, ALT+TAB? Come on, I'm not some dinosaur. And OP mentioned that ALT+TAB doesn't work for him. Windows key doesn't work also.

Actually ALT+TAB behave like it does work, but BG:EE window is still floating above everything else, making other windows and apps unreachable.
    Ok, so i checked and it ocurred only when i had another monitor connected to my laptop. When using single display, alt-tab works for me.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Windows 8 here. Alt + tab and windows key works, but the sound still play. That's my problem.
    I am also using dual screens, maybe the game wont minimize on ALT+TAB with two screens.
  • IluvatarIluvatar Member Posts: 30
    Same problem here, also two screens.
  • JozraelJozrael Member Posts: 2
    Ditto, dual screens.
  • IngentagIngentag Member Posts: 5
    Same ... two monitors.... just another problem in the endless line
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    dual screens, win7 64, and the game minimizes fine on alt-tab (music / sound keeps playing though). this is on an AMD 6950 w/ 12.8 cats. all default 3D settings.

to everyone with this problem, what is your OS / video card?
    Win 7 64bit, Nvidia 8800 GTS

ALT+TAB causes the task bar to appear but all other windows are still behind the game. I guess it really is a minor bug compared to all the crashing but still.