Skip to content

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I've never owned a notebook myself, but I was under the impression that they were not designed for games at all, apart from Facebook games and minesweeper.
    Maybe I'm wrong, and some are more powerful, I don't know, but if I had a notebook, I sure wouldn't blame game developers for the fact that it may have problems running a game satisfactory....
    I agree with @Mungi, that there is drivers available for his machine, and most likely already a vsync option somewhere he just can't find for whatever reason.
    MZsolt said:

Yes , thank you to try help, but i know its impossible. notebook : HP Pavilion G6 1206eh, Radeon HD6470M, switchable graphics. Believe me i played 20 million times in my life with the Catalyst control settings, for games with the same problem (Old BG 1 and 2, Sims 3 , for some example). But no solution. Only 1 thing works if the game have a v sync option. If not, i get the screen tearing, but not always. My experience shows that the older games do this mostly. I was hoping for improved engine , but i tell you this is the same as the 14 year old one.
    Mungri : Yes now i know they not worked on the substructure. But its bad. I cant play the game.

@MZsolt
    I still need your operating system, please.
  • MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    Damn. Its funny. I wanted to make video to show you my problem. The video recorded in 60 FPS. The game limited to 30. When i playing i see those stupid lines. But in the recorded video NOT ! One solution to make BG to 60 FPS maybe? Video is great, now im more sad, because game not.
    My operating system windows 7 32 bit. I think the problem is the FPS :( 60 FPS can help only.
    edited December 2012
    On this laptop i can play a little bit stronger games. Fallout 3 maxed out , etc. So maybe i can hope to play a Baldurs Gate XD Its a decent laptop for gaming, thats why im sad. And BG i need mostly for laptop gaming, its that category more for me. Well you are wrong , i play on my third laptop, with anything , sometime with compromise, but 1-2 yearly i buy new one. to play on newest games also.
    I don't need to see a video of the problem.
    I believe you, and know how it looks.
    However, I need to know your operating system to help you.

Until then If I were you, I would download the latest Catalyst drivers for your card, there IS a vsync setting there somewhere.
    Else, there's a host of alternative drivers made for ATI cards, but they are user made, and not so friendly to work with. Many have additional options on top of what Catalyst provides.
    My problem answered now with this video Thanks. But as i read, i cant change FPS. i can change in config file , but no effect, still 30 FPS.
    MZsolt said:

On this laptop i can play a little bit stronger games. Fallout 3 maxed out , etc. So maybe i can hope to play a Baldurs Gate XD Its a decent laptop for gaming, thats why im sad. And BG i need mostly for laptop gaming, its that category more for me. Well you are wrong , i play on my third laptop, with anything , sometime with compromise, but 1-2 yearly i buy new one. to play on newest games also.

I'm confused now. Are you talking about a different computer now?
    Because earlier we were talking about a notebook, not a laptop, and I have a hard time imagining a notebook running Fallout 3 with max on graphics.
    That, I don't believe.

However, I'm too tired right now to help, it's half past one in the morning here, but I'll get back to you.
    In the meantime, PLEASE downloaded the latest catalyst drivers and try again.
    edited December 2012
    This runs, i play many time Fallout 3 on laptop, in the work. Check the tests from Pavilion G6 1206eh with i3, 4 ram and 6470M. average 10/9 points. but fallout FPS is around 60 for me, and i dont experience any screen tearing crap. now i see my laptop dont like the 30. Notebook and laptop are same
    MZsolt said:

My problem answered now with this video Thanks. But as i read, i cant change FPS. i can change in config file , but no effect, still 30 FPS.

What are you talking about now??
    What video? What question?
    Did you solve the screen tearing?

What's that about FPS now? That's a whole other issue, for crying out loud.
    It's locked to 30FPS in the game at the moment,must like the original BG vanilla.

I need to know, before I waste more time here:
    Are your problems solved now?
    edited December 2012
    No, problem not solved. Game still unusable. But i know why. And cannot help on this (read the topic about 60 FPS) :(
    My opinion same, i have this game, wanted mostly for laptop gaming .on this very "weak' laptop with i3 and HD6470M. But cant find a solution. So the game garbage category still.
    Why is it unsolvable for crying out loud?
    What video were you talking about?

Please don't bring FPS in BG into this.
    That's something completely different, and not a bug.
    I'm about to give up now.
    If you don't want help, then don't complain about the game.
    The problem is the locked FPS, and you know this, you dont really want to help. . But i dont leave and tell people to be careful , with buying this garbage.
  • HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
    I think people need to remember that this is an updated version of the original game, not an updated version of BGT, Tutu or whatever. For the tiny percentage of players that really care about being able to play an already difficult game at double, triple speed or whatever, it probably just wasn't an essential inclusion for release. That kind of thing is for the modding community.

I've been lurking here for a while and to actually play BG:EE last night for the first time was a great relief after all the negativity. The PC gaming community really doesn't help itself sometimes by flooding forums with over-reactions to little things. I've encountered a bug already (couldn't seem to recruit Montaron/Xzar, are there any circumstances where they won't join?), but as far as I remember, the old BG was riddled with minor bugs here and there. Cutscenes and UI I can live with (can't believe they got rid of the statue part in the intro!). But otherwise it's a faithful update with some nice new features that enhance the atomsphere.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2012
    @Heya

BG:EE is based off of the latest version of Throne so in a sense the inner workings of BG:EE are based off a build of Throne that all ready had AI updates. They didn't touch the code of the original from my understanding. BG2 and Throne both had AI updates and many play with increased AI updates, were not some tiny minority and I'm sure there are a fair few that are playing the game right now that would switch if the option was available.

I think BG:EE is great and I'll even say the developers rock but to have some person say don't worry about it leave it to the modding community is just annoying. When the build they took the BG:EE off of had ai updates all ready. I know Vanilla BG did not have AI updates.

Further your exaggerating. We would not be playing at triple or quadruple the speed. At most double. Many like to play the game in the 40's or even high 30's hardly faster then the default.

Anyway best of luck to overhaul. And I certainly could be wrong about some of the things I said.
    edited December 2012
    In fact, a very little speed up can resolve my problem, not need 60 FPS but a little more than 30.This can resolve my broken jumpy scrolling problems i think. As i see the solution is that i need more than 30. I dont see scrolling problems in the video which i made from the game with Fraps and 60 FPS. Interesting , looks like i cant play this game in my life, for me its cursed, third time. The same crap scrolling quality i remember in old BG too.
    It's just funny that after seeing the Rage and Old Republic forums explode with bile about frames per second issues, people here are trying to shoehorn the argument into a game whose actual gameplay is tied to its frames limit. It's Baldur's Gate dammit! Breathe in the country air, take a stroll, feel the point at when your warrior hacks down that pesky gnoll!

It does seem like a no-brainer inclusion, but let's not pretend the lack of it means that the best game ever suddenly becomes the worst game ever. I remember playing back in the day, at a point when half my characters were equipped with Boots Of Speed, and it all seemed a bit reminiscent of Benny Hill.
    edited December 2012
    I know its best game, Baldurs Gate 2 is the best rpg i played ever in my life. But today i just cant live with that scrolling. I was hoping its improve in Enhanced, but no. Best rpg yes, but 2013 soon. And i dont get a smooth scrolling in a 2D game, its too much.
    If you're getting the same problem with any version of BG you try, that seems more like a problem with your system than the game itself. If it's a commonly supported GPU then that's bad, I agree. It's bad for Intel 4000 users, but then as far as I'm concerned you run the risk of incompatibility when you go for brand new technologies.
    edited December 2012
    Its third time. I had the best performance in first times. Later tried on a laptop with intel graphics. Crap. Now tried on this laptop with Radeon graphics. same crap. Thats why im saying, it is now the developers fault too. because third time experience this. in about 10 years , and this is a 2012, Enhanced release. No comment
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    @MZsolt the problem is that you have a graphics card that is very poorly supported by AMD. Its most likely this that is causing the errors. I tried looking on AMDs website, and they dont even support driver updates for systems with their switchable graphics cards.

Have you tried the game on a different computer with a normal graphics card that is compatible with and has the latest drivers from AMD or Nvidia installed?
    Not yet, but i will. but i wanted play on this.
    edited December 2012
    @Heya
    Don't bother communicating with that troll.
    He wastes a good two hours of my life in this thread and others. He keep saying the same thing over and over in multiple and unsuitable threads, cursing the game and the developers, and after two hours of trying to help him, it turns out, that all he want is for BG:EE to have an option for higher FPS, he either hasn't got a real problem, or he is misguided about it and don't want help, just attention.

edited December 2012
    Look your picture , you look like a troll not me. I still curse. Sorry , its my opinion. I think its hard to identify my problem, because i bet a lot of people accept it. But its cheap job in my opinion. No problem with games i told you, and i read about this a lot. People dont like lack of v sync, not always so easy to force it. I keep my opinion , its cheap job. Because i have a lot other game with no problems.
    edited December 2012
    Mungri said:

@MZsolt the problem is that you have a graphics card that is very poorly supported by AMD. Its most likely this that is causing the errors. I tried looking on AMDs website, and they dont even support driver updates for systems with their switchable graphics cards.

Have you tried the game on a different computer with a normal graphics card that is compatible with and has the latest drivers from AMD or Nvidia installed?

You think when i tried the old Baldurs Gate 2 on this laptop and before this on another laptop. They had old drivers for a 1998 game?
    Same jumpy, broken scrolling with screen tearing, in every BG i tried.
    Something good i can tell, this forum good. But the game no comment.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited December 2012
    Then shut up and stop commenting about the game. You're pretty much the only person here that cant manually enable Vsync to fix the problem yourself.
    MZsolt said:

Mungri said:

You think when i tried the old Baldurs Gate 2 on this laptop and before this on another laptop. They had old drivers for a 1998 game?
    Same jumpy, broken scrolling with screen tearing, in every BG i tried.
    You lack common sense. You dont need new drivers for BGEE support, you need new drivers / new graphics card that has a Vsync option in the drivers, not even a new one, this has been available on the driver level of graphics cards since forever.

You are the worst troll yet on this forum, and thats not because you're complaining about the game, but the simple fact that you cant shut up when you have already been offered a refund over a problem thats due to your hardware and not the game.
    You're just embarrassing yourself now mate.
    edited December 2012
    User was banned for this post.

-Alex
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    MZsolt said:

Fuck your mother you stupid gay. "shut up ". Come here we meet and talk about your problem fucking pussy. Its not hardware problem you poor nobody.
    You can eat my shit , and give a piece for your infected bitch mother. That last poor whore suck my cock every night for 2 gold coins, but i'm use heavy condom to defense.

You're a complete moron. Those in charge of the forums should add a "spam" or "dislike" options beside the others so that troll comments like yours could be buried. Many people have tried to help you including myself in MANY other threads and you won't listen. Your comments are completely off base, you don't listen to even the simplest of instructions and are incapable of even the slightest sign of intelligent thought. You've been given the email multiple times to get a refund.

Go away.