Skip to content

Paladin Proficiency Slots?

Should I stick to Long Swords, or Katanas? I heard its much harder to kill Drizzt this time around so I'm not really looking into Scimitars.

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Why would a paladin kill Drizzt?
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    stygga said:

You do realize he is a baby killing dark elf that should be wiped from the face of Faerun?
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    One of the weapons is for Lawful Good only and its +3 and also adds 2+ to AC
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah 'Scimitar +5, Defender' is for Good-aligned only, it's actually a +3 Scimitar and gives you a +2 AC bonus. Best weapon in the game, the only weapon even close to it is Xan's Moonblade.
    Now we are getting off topic though....I do NOT know what Katanas are in the game so I am unsure of what to do.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    Worg said:

stygga said:

You do realize he is a baby killing dark elf that should be wiped from the face of Faerun?
    @Worg You sir are racist against dark elves! =P
    I don't like bumping but I don't know if going Katanas will mess me up in the long run or not. If it does, then are Bastard Swords good?
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    @AdventSign If you're a Good Paladin Kit...I would say Two Handed Swords is a must for Carsomyr when BG2 comes out. I would also recommend Bastard Swords because of the Purifier in BG2. Longswords are probably a great bet for an alternate one-hander since there are several in BG2 that work early game (DAYSTAR IS THE STUFF! AND THERE'S A SWORD THAT REALLY HURTS DRAGONS....). I just made a Blackguard so I went with Two Slots in Bastard Swords and Longswords because I know there are great Bastard Swords that work well for tanking specific monsters that will come up in BG1 and there is a +2 Longsword with additional damage early on if you know where to look that can be a mainstay for most of the game. I normally go for a +2 Hammer in BG1...but than again I almost never play Paladins (Too goody-goody for me...so...an evil Pally it is)

I would go with two-handers eventually but I don't think Blackgaurd's will get to use Carsomyr or the Purifier....so we'll see what he's using by BG2...I still may use hammers and dual wield.