Skip to content

Axis & Allies

GhengisConGhengisCon Member Posts: 3
edited June 2022 in General
Tysm for the excellent job in developing Axis & Allies boardgame into such a wonderful app guys. Seriously, great job. The rating and ranking system seems to work fine and it's great fun for fans of the game. There are some minor improvements that I think would take it to the next level and set the standard for any and all games like it.

1). The ranking is great but I can't seem to find my elo rating anywhere. Seeing your rating move up or down on other apps like Chess.com is not only helpful and fun and may even improve engagement time for many of us players looking to climb to the next tier.

2). I would also like to see who my opponent is. That is, I would like to see their rating and ranking by simply tapping on their ID. From this ranking screen, there should also be a link to their profile and game history. Is this a person I would like to friend? How many friends does he or she have? How fast did they climb to this ranking? Are they still on their way up? How dangerous is this opponent?

3). This should be a simple improvement but is a next level Uber analytics tool that's available on most other strategy chess apps, a simple forward and reverse button that can take you back through each phase of the game. The map, the purchase screen, the movement lines and use of original game artwork are all top notch. I like the dice roll log and seeing the defeated pieces cleared from the board. A simple forward and reverse tool would give us access to all this wonderful work you already put in and it also allows us to analyze our tactics and strategies. I honestly believe that this and more transparency in the player rating/ranking would push this game far beyond the boardgame fan base it already has and entice more players (opponents) from other apps. (But careful what you wish for, eh? I'm only a mediocre chess guy!)

Comments

• GhengisConGhengisCon Member Posts: 3
    Those are good points Ghengis. You know, it would be so much more satisfying (or humiliating) and fun too if the Forfeit confirmation was "I SURRENDER" instead of "FORFEIT GAME".
  • GhengisConGhengisCon Member Posts: 3
    Wow, if only A&A had it's own forum! And what if there was a link somewhere in the main menu?