Skip to content

NPC In-fights

As many of you surely know there are supposedly few in-fighting scenarios in BG. I know of two so far but experienced only one of them:

1) Dynaheir vs Edwin vs Minsc:

When you recruit both Minsc and Edwin the conclusion in the Gnoll Stronghold can have many different outcomes depending on player's choice: a) Dynaheir dies, b) Edwin dies, c) Dynaheir and Minsc dies, d) Dynaheir and Edwin dies), e) nobody dies. If you let them to sort it out usually Minsc kill Edwin and depending on luck Edwin can manage to kill Dynaheir before that. I have even see Edwin killing Minsc a few times after dealing with Dynaheir.

However in BGEE this is currently broken because the moment Dynaheir dies both Minsc and Edwin stops fighting and wants to talk to PC. Plus unlike in the original the game allows player to interfere (in the original the party would be frozen for the duration of the fight). Unfortunately due to this bug even when Minsc manages to kill Edwin before wanting to talk to PC his appropriate banter does not trigger. Instead he just leaves and it takes a save and reload to make him joinable again. No grievance over the death of Dynaheir as in original unfortunately...

2) Jaheir+Khalid vs Montaron+Xzar:

Allegedly the two pairs should be infighting sometimes after coming to Nashkel. I have never experienced this myself but it should work similarly as the first case. Party would get locked and they would be fighting with purple circles (in the original) until one pair is dead.

Is this really an option or is it just a legend? Has anyone experienced this? Does it work in BGEE?

Are there anymore of these? I find them very cool and I "get rid off" Dynaheir using this in most of my playthroughs as I like Minsc but dislike her and free spot in the party is always nice. :-)

Comments