Skip to content

Mod loading Issue

I removed haks I no longer use. Removed the tiles / maps they used from the module, I ran the rebuild . Now when I load or test the game; it goes white while loading on the host menu and if I test the mod by using F9 is just gets to the char picking screen and the mod wont load and I cant play it at all. Any idea what is wrong or what do I do?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    I guess you removed the haks by editing Module Properties?

Any rebuild errors if you check all Missing Resources?

Any log errors when you try to play?

Worst case, export all the module files except module.ifo. Make a new module, import the files, then key in the Module Properties again. To simplify that, when a module is open in the toolset, you can simply copy its files from folder modules\temp0, or paste new files there (but then make some trivial change to the module and save it before closing, otherwise what you pasted will be lost).
  • HiddukelHiddukel Member Posts: 3
    Proleric wrote: »
    I guess you removed the haks by editing Module Properties?

Any rebuild errors if you check all Missing Resources?

Any log errors when you try to play?

Worst case, export all the module files except module.ifo. Make a new module, import the files, then key in the Module Properties again. To simplify that, when a module is open in the toolset, you can simply copy its files from folder modules\temp0, or paste new files there (but then make some trivial change to the module and save it before closing, otherwise what you pasted will be lost).

1. Yes I used Module Properties to remove the haks

2. Rebuild errors and missing resources : Unsure how to check for rebuild errors and yes; on the missing resources. Do I remove them?

3. No Log errors, because I cant load the mod

I will try the "worst case" way as a last resort
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    Rebuild errors - when you select Build on the toolset menu, there are tick boxes to check for missing resources of various types.

If there are missing resources, as you say, try removing them before removing the haks from module properties.
  • HiddukelHiddukel Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for the delay, I'll let you know if this works (Working on it now). Thank you for your help and pointing at possible issues.