Skip to content

[bug] Cannot pickpocket Drizzt to get his +3 Scimitar

Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
In vanilla BG, you can pickpocket his scimiar +3 (perhaps it is linked to the fact he has it in his hand, and not in the bag, contrary to BG1 where he is the only one who dual wield).

But still, we have to be able to pickpocket him.

Intended behavior : On pickpocket, ability to pick his scimitar +3, as it was possible in BG1.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Pickpocket a sword? come on...

Didn't know it was possible in BG1 though...
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    If anything I'd say it was a bug in the original, caused by the fact they couldn't have it equipped due to the lack of dual wielding. Now that dual wielding is possible, he has the sword equipped as you'd expect, and you can't pickpocket equipped items.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'd view this as an exploit fix.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    In the real world trick thiefs can lure lots of things out of people, you'll be surpised! Let us be able to PP Drizzt as we always have! This is a Mage Ring ver 2!!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I seriously doubt a sub-level 10 thief (at best) could successfully manage to pickpocket a frigging medium sized sword off of a level 15ish drow ranger, renowned for his observational skills - especially as he is holding the thing.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Dual-wielding didn't exist in the original, he didn't even attack either of his weapons, his primary weapon is a creature weapon with 1d8+3 and a save vs death for ....a lot of damage...it's been awhile, to represent him being able to attack with two weapons at once. Twinkle was in one of his other weapon slots but Icingdeath was in his inventory and therefore stealable.