Skip to content

Will the Ipad 3 have better graphics than the PC?

kenny026kenny026 Member Posts: 6
Most Ipad 3 users know that the retina display is a little miracle compared to regular lcd screens. Could this make Baldurs Gate better looking on Ipad 3 than other platforms (PC, Ipad 2 and Android)?

Yes for Ipad and No for PC....
  1. Which platform will have the best graphics?19 votes
    1. Yes
      47.37%
    2. No
      52.63%
Post edited by kenny026 on

Comments

• joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    I think you may have wanted this this poll to have more options than "Yes" and "No" ;) I believe that ultimately the PC will have the better graphics choices as with most games, due to modability.

Edit: Since kenny026 has changed the thread title, I'd like to change my vote to "No" :)
    Post edited by joshykins on
  • kenny026kenny026 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, you're right about that. I changed the topic title so it makes more sense....

Retina was devoloped to reduce pixels. BGEE could benefit from that... When i watch youtube movies on ipad, different thing i know, it looks much sharper than watching it on TV or PC. This must be due the retina display.

I PC will never have a retina display because of apple's copyright. So in the end i believe the Mac will have the best graphics with this game i think...
  • darkmobsondarkmobson Member Posts: 28
    I play Bastion on laptop and on iPad. I have a Sony Vaio F series laptop and the graphics seems more colorful and sharp on laptop display. Maybe it's about the game maybe not, I don't know.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    Not sure, but with a 27" monitor @ 1980x1080, it looks pretty sharp alright! Having a hard time imagining it much sharper... Or better in any way...
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    No, it won't look better, it will look exactly the same.

I know it's hard to believe for some, but a screen will not add better graphics to a game.

It will look the same as it would look on a similar size screen for a pc.

• GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Dino said:

Not sure, but with a 27" monitor @ 1980x1080, it looks pretty sharp alright! Having a hard time imagining it much sharper... Or better in any way...

Is that the Planar 27"? Only one I know of, which I have also. Not bad for a TN. Much better color than the 23" Acer I dropped....

Yes I have an iPad 3. The display is wonderful, but its just a high dpi IPS panel.
    So I voted no. PC graphics will be just as good - IF you happen to have a monitor that costs as much as an iPad.
    Vs. a TN panel, no contest. If not for the dot pitch, the color is noticeably superior.

• KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Every time I read a new discussion in this forum make me want to kill myself...