Skip to content

About the cinematics

I see a lot of complaining about the cinematics here. Thing is, I rather see decent 2D graphics than crappy 3D graphics. That's one of the reasons Baldur's Gate is still nice to play now in the first place. Under circumstances of budget and time constraints, Overhaul made the right call imo. Not too sure about the cartoonish style though..

Just my 2 cents...

Comments

• RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    at the end of the day, the cinematic are in my opinion a minor thing that doesn't really affect the game play experience. Luck, an old copy of the game, and if worse comes to worse youtube, will help me track down anny any cinematic so at least I can see them. Personally I feel that the decision to change the cinematic isn't a game beaker, and hey if I I happen to to prefer one over the other (as in the original opening cut scene... Sorry Bulldog), I can still appreciate the digial art work that when into the new opening cut scene. Anyway that's enough from me at the moment. I was a bard in a past life and tend to ramble. See you around the forums.

Raventiger
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182

at the end of the day, the cinematic are in my opinion a minor thing that doesn't really affect the game play experience. Luck, an old copy of the game, and if worse comes to worse youtube, will help me track down anny any cinematic so at least I can see them. Personally I feel that the decision to change the cinematic isn't a game beaker, and hey if I I happen to to prefer one over the other (as in the original opening cut scene... Sorry Bulldog), I can still appreciate the digial art work that when into the new opening cut scene. Anyway that's enough from me at the moment. I was a bard in a past life and tend to ramble. See you around the forums.

Raventiger

Welcome to the forums mate, but quick question did you mean Beamdog?
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    I think the new movies are great, if they feature a character, they keep with the art design of BG which is excellent. I don't understand the hate, they look amazing!
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    Scooter said:

Welcome to the forums mate, but quick question did you mean Beamdog?

Thanks for the welcome Scooter.

Yeah I meant Beamdog, and I just realized I confused them with Overhaul. Regardless I can enjoy the work done on the new art even if I prefer the old style.