Skip to content

List for mods compatible for mac users please

Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
Hello everyone, my old pc laptop is broken, so at the moment Im stuck with my partners mac. I download Baldurs Gate 2 EE, but I have no idea, which mods are for mac users. I know that the majority of them, are for pc only, but some are for mac too. Can someone please put a list for mac users mods?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    I have a Mac and I am yet to find a mod that doesn't work on it. Even if it doesn't have a Mac specific version.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    The situation is better than you think. Most mods work independent of platform; only a few actually require the Windows version.

Mods in general are built using WeiDU. There's a source file (generally .tp2) to control the installation process, more source files that points to for more complicated mods, and this is all run using the WeiDU executable.

Many mods are packaged with an installer - which is a renamed copy of the WeiDU executable. Or that plus a tiny command script in the Mac case. Installers are platform-specific, and it's a lot more common to find Windows installers than Mac installers for obvious reasons.
    But the installers are unnecessary. You can also run the WeiDU executable with command-line stuff, or you can use a tool such as subtledoctor's Mac WeiDU Launcher. Which is what I do myself.

What won't work on a Mac? Anything that uses "EEEx", which edits the game's executable to enable some extra features.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you for your answer, I will start checking the mods today. Take care.