Skip to content

Game Crashes after creating a character and hitting play after the dialogue

I have tried everything that has been posted to try and get to play the game with crashes and none of them work. For me it always crashes after i have created my character and hitting play after the Candlekeep dialogue. Wanna play so bad :(.

Comments

• DreagoDreago Member Posts: 2
    Same issue here, so not just you. Will report back if I manage to work it out...
  • MariuszMariusz Member Posts: 9
    MJB906 said:

I have tried everything that has been posted to try and get to play the game with crashes and none of them work. For me it always crashes after i have created my character and hitting play after the Candlekeep dialogue. Wanna play so bad :(.

What's your pc/laptop spec? I have the same issue and wanna see what we've got in common.
  • fmasterfmaster Member Posts: 3
    I had the same issue. I solved it by reinstalling the correct video driver.
    My problem was that I upgraded from win7 to win8, and my video drivers worked EVERYWHERE except with baldur's gate. I went to the AMD site and downloaded another video driver (the NON dotnet framework version, which I had) with the same version.
    Everything worked perfectly afterwards.
    What gave it away for me was actually not being able to open catalyst control center.
  • MJB906MJB906 Member Posts: 2
    Mariusz said:

MJB906 said:

What's your pc/laptop spec? I have the same issue and wanna see what we've got in common.
    This is my spec:-

AMD V120 2.2GHz
    3GB RAM
    AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4250

• DreagoDreago Member Posts: 2
    Got this working by installing the latest video card drivers - nvidia and windows 8 for the record. works a treat now.