Skip to content

Shifter Class - Stats applied when shifting

4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 90
edited July 2022 in Builders - Scripting
I did not do a lot of research on this but what script adds the new stats when a player shapeshifts.

I am familiar with the pc_properties item but I would like to find the script?
Post edited by 4BOLTMAIN on

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    I thought they listed it on the WIki, but I didn't find it. Searching in the script editor found x2_inc_shifter. Probably not all of what you want.
    Ah, spells.2da has them listed. All the shapes seem to be the same script:
    X2_S2_GWildShp
    Seems like all the stats are added with EffectPolymorph.
    That lead to what you're looking for: polymorph.2da.
  • 4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 90
    Thanks for the replies.

I found what I was looking for, in x2_s2_gwildshp.

Items created when shifting are one weapon and one armor. The code copies all the players properties on all armor to only one item and the properties will not stack. I don't intend to change it and now that I see whats going on this will make it easier for me to answer players questions.
    //--------------------------------------------------------------------------
        // ...Armor
        if (bArmor)
        {
            //----------------------------------------------------------------------
            // Merge item properties from armor and helmet...
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oArmorOld,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oHelmetOld,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oShield,oArmorNew);
        }

// ...Magic Items
        if (bItems)
        {
            // Merge item properties from from rings, amulets, cloak, boots, belt
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oRing1Old,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oRing2Old,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oAmuletOld,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oCloakOld,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oBootsOld,oArmorNew);
            IPWildShapeCopyItemProperties(oBeltOld,oArmorNew);
        }

Ah okay. I thought you were asking about the stats like strength. Those are all defined in the 2da. It kind of stinks because every other thing in the game gets increases in those with levels, but not shifted shifters.
  • 4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 90
    The item pc_properties (x3_it_pchide) sometimes shows up in a players inventory and in the donation racks so I have code in place in certain scripts to destroy it. This item has been an annoyance since original NWN. I thought that this was originally the cause for players reporting that not all stats transfer when shifting but now I see what is actually happening.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.