Skip to content

Mod Request: Change Sarevoks Class to Barbarian

Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
edited July 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi i have a Mod Request changing Sarevok's Class permamently to Barbarian.

I would like him to have the following Proficiencies:
2*Two-Handed Weapons (still in line with his Canon Proficiencies and he possessing a Special Two Handed Sword which is upgradeable with the Ascension Mod)
2*Two Handed Weapon Style
2*Longswords
3*Two Weapon Style

My Headcanon is that the Essence of Bhaal made it possible for him to wear his Special Plate Armor even as a Barbarian but now that he lost Bhaal's Taint he only can wear Armor normal Barbarians can wear.

In my opinion Sarevok is especially on Higher Difficulties (Insane) not as good as other Fighter Types. Anomen, Jaheira are more tanky and Korgan for example is a better Damage Dealer cause he is not (soft)locked into using Two Handed Swords and Dual-Wielding is just way more efficient.

Since he is supposed to be one of the strongest NPCs and a former Bhaalspawn i would like to play him as a Tanky Barbarian and forgo his Ability to Dual-Class.

In terms of his Starting Equipment i would like his Armor being changed to Chainmail +3 and his Starting Crossbow and Bolts being changed to 2 Longswords +3.

I think his Portrait could fit a Barbarian quite well too.

I don't know if others would like it too but maybe one of our Community Modders want to pick this up :)

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,518
    edited July 2022
    NPC_EE can change his class.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2022
    Yep I know that. I avoid in general Mods or Components though which give the Ability to change NPCs in Game cause I don't have the best Experience with them. These type of mods seem to have Conflicts with a lot of Mod NPCs messing up Proficiencies etc. (happened to me with the Customisable NPC Option from SCS). I prefer mods which only change one NPC at a time for my Installs nowadays.

I only ever had the wish to change 5 Standard Bioware/Beamdog NPCs cause I was not happy with their Class or Stat Spread. These NPCs were Hexxat, Dorn, Minsc, Rasaad and Sarevok. Sarevok is the only one left on that list.