Skip to content

Multiplayer Serious Disappointment

ryuujinusaryuujinusa Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
So BG:EE which made promise of greatly improved multiplayer, among other improvements. The game was delayed 2 months, even after all that extra time it is riddled with bugs. I mean, the game won't even start. Connection issues, lag issues, basic game functions (resting), there isn't ONE thing better/improved from the original games (standard BG) multiplayer.
The base game is made, all there was left was to simply fix problems from the original, which weren't done, tell me, what did you ACTUALLY fix?
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    Twitter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

At launch, multiplayer is Beta. It still requires direct connection via IP address. We plan to update aggressively.

Cheers
  • I mean, the MP actually WORKED in BG original. It now just doesn't work at all, they actually took a step backwards with this. Beta or not, how can you re-release a game and make it worse?
  • McHardMcHard Member Posts: 19
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

"At launch, multiplayer is Beta. It still requires direct connection via IP address. We plan to update aggressively."

"Sigh"....Any chance for a release date?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    I understand your disappointment, but you can be sure that they are working on it and will try to fix it, here is some tweetes regarding multiplayer from the last 2 days:
    Tweeter said:

Drewcifer ‏@selectstartdrew

@ TrentOster disregard my last tweet. Looks like it's my router. When I have it hooked up we crash every time we try to connect.

Tweeter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@selectstartdrew We have a couple multiplayer bugs that slipped in. We are working on them.

Tweeter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@Canageek We've got a nasty multiplayer bug at the moment which we are fighting with. 3+ player stability is shaky. We're working on it.

• CanageekCanageek Member Posts: 6
    Hmm? Yeah, my brother, Dad and I are planning on playing a multiplayer game together, so we hope they get 3 person multiplayer working soon. Also, that it works well cross-platform, as my brother is one of those evil mac users.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Can't use this as bugreport. I can only tell, MP is being improved, we are aware of several MP specific bugs.