Skip to content

Journal Entries not showing for a player after relog.

I have this code in the on_client_enter script in my module.

AddJournalQuestEntry("contact", 1, oPC, FALSE, FALSE);
AddJournalQuestEntry("discord", 1, oPC, FALSE, FALSE);
AddJournalQuestEntry("facebook", 1, oPC, FALSE, FALSE);
AddJournalQuestEntry("credits", 1, oPC, FALSE, FALSE);

Is there an issue with my code or is there a reason that when a player relogs that the journal entries are blank?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    From the Lexicon:
    As of NWN:EE version v86.8193.34.1, a bug affects the usage of AddJournalQuestEntry on persistent worlds which use database variables to store players' journal states and use AddJournalQuestEntry in OnClientEnter to restore the journal state after a reset: If the module is restarted (i.e. on server restart), and a player logs in, their journals are updated correctly by the AddJournalQuestEntry calls in OnClientEnter. However, if that player logs out and back in, for any future login that player's journal will appear to be empty (in practice the entries still seem to exist but they simply aren't visible). In your OnClientEnter journal script you therefore need to call RemoveJournalQuestEntry first on each entry, before then re-adding the entry using AddJournalQuestEntry.
  • 4BOLTMAIN4BOLTMAIN Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2022
    Thanks for the help. This information solved the problem.
  • TerrorbleTerrorble Member Posts: 169
    Ahh, glad to find this out as I was having this problem and it was very discouraging.
  • Shaner9erShaner9er Member Posts: 1
    Not trying to Dredge this up but do you have an example of a script you used? I tried theirs but I could not get it to compile at all not sure.. what I'm doing wrong do you have an example of what you did and how you used it?
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    The latest update, 8193.35-40, should have fixed journal entries not showing after relogging.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    According to the wiki that is supposed to have been fixed in the latest patch -
    Fixed journal entries not being retained after relogging on a server.

TR