Skip to content

Chapter 2 at level 1 - How to catch up?

CablefishCablefish Member Posts: 37
So i decided to continue my playthrough of the original campaign but lost my saves. Since i didn't fancy playing through chapter 1 again i decided to start from chapter 2. But since i don't have any saves i only have characters freshly created at level 1.

I rolled with an elf wizard. With a pixie companion for thievery. Linu as my companion since shes handy and can heal.

How should i go about catching up? Farming XP and getting geared up. Some enemies are level scaled so they can be defeated. However others are certainly not. Any tips for me?

Comments

• CablefishCablefish Member Posts: 37
    What i've done so far:
    Chat up some XP and Gold and the dockhouse for the relief shipment.

Killed one werewolf by trying a lot.

Oh. And Linu can actually kill the orcs in the caves to the north netting a lot of XP. This might actually be quite easy.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    Because of the XP system giving more XP when your lower LVL from an enemy that's higher LVL than you (to a maximum of 700XP in the original campaign) you will LVL quickly at first.

It will also serve as a personal challenge but in time you'll be fine, unfortunately it will affect your loot as it is LVL based...
  • mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    Seemingly you like the challenge, to catch up by playing.

At the start of chapter two, your character should be at level 8 or 9 (estimated) with some considerable wealth. Well you could use cheat codes to give your PC some gold and XP. Or just use a specific character creation module like "Pretty Good Character Creator".

But the most interesting way to do this seems to be by playing a 3rd. party module where you will eventually get to the desired level.