Skip to content

Placeable Conundrum

ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
edited August 2022 in Builders - Toolset
So, I'm using CEP 2.69 And also the CTP Black Desert Tileset. I mention the tileset because my placeables are vanishing while playing the CTP Black Desert - while in-game they are simply GONE! However,
they're present in the toolset. So, what gives?
Doe's anyone have a clue as to why my placeables are not showing in-game? It doesn't matter if they are community made or Bioware made, some placeables just don't show in the toolset - and only with CTP Black Desert does the problem persist...?
Post edited by Zephirius on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    edited August 2022
    In the last sentence, did you mean to say that some placeables don't show in game?

Do you have anything in patch haks or the development folder? That's one way that toolset and in-game experience can differ.

I had a quick look at the Black Desert tileset, but didn't immediately see any potential conflict there.

P.S. CEP 2.69 hasn't been released yet.
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    edited August 2022
    My mistake on the CEP version. It's 2.68. Yes, I meant to say "some placeables don't show in game."
    Aside from the tilsets in then CEP, I'm running several haks. Will check back in a few. You gave me an idea...
    Post edited by Zephirius on
    I thought maybe my override folder might be too bloated, but there's only a few mdl's and texture maps. Nope same old placeable not showing in game. It's the first floor lever in the Container and Switches category...
    Yeah, something is afoot, and it's bugging me.
    I loaded up a new module and assigned the CTP Black Desert tileset to it. No problem at all. The placeable was visible
    , so it's something specific to my module - I think... :s
    edited August 2022
    OK. I bumped the black desert hak to the top of my hak list and the placeables showed up in game - hooray. Only I don't know what that will mess up - now that I've changed the hak order...?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,268
    Most of the files in the black desert hak appear to have unique names for that tileset, so they're unlikely to override anything.

I guess it depends what else you have in the hak order.

I don't know much about .txi files - could there be other versions in your build?

Otherwise it might be one of those resource limit quirks - though the wiki says there are only a few such issues if EE is up to date:

https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/Resource+Limits
    Thanks for the tips Proleric.