Skip to content

very basic question about weidu

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
I've read a lot of guides about weidu, and they all see to be too focused for me. They start with creating an item pack, a dialog, or a NPC.

I just want to know what weidu is from a basic perspective.

When i install a weidu mod, a dos-like screen comes up, which i can input choices.

When i click on the weidu.exe in my F:\beamdog BG2EE CLient install\00783 folder, it brings up a prompt that shows me numerous options and eventually gives me a "enter arguments:" prompt. It then goes away.

WHERE do you use weidu? What is the development environment?

As an example, I program in python a lot. If I want to create a new python program, i simply open an existing .py file and it brings up IDLE, my development environment for python, basically a fancy text editor that color codes things. Or open IDLE directly, or any other IDE. Because its integrated into windows, i can run the .py file simply by typing its name in a cmd prompt. Same as a .bat file.

Where are you when you use commands like --tlkmerge X ? DOS/CMD line? I tried from there and don't know what to do after arguments.

Comments

• seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I guess I can be more specific. I need to move (merge?) 2000+ lines of text from one dialog.tlk to another.

So what is the syntax for the command?

F:\beamdog BG2EE CLient install\00783>weidu --tlkmerge dialog.tlk newdialog.tlk

and what exactly does tlkmerge do? I just need to add the last 2000 lines from my current .tlk, to another one in better shape. Is that the command to do it?