Skip to content

Multiplayer not working in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

SpyCrabSpyCrab Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Multiplayer
So I got Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition the other day and when I tried to connect to my friends multiplayer server while using his IP my game just freezes up and crashes in a minute or two.
It only sais that "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition has stopped Working"
Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ThessianThessian Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 60
    Same problem here, Hamachi or other external programs are not a solution and I've already opened the right ports in my router, all my friends got this same problem.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    Hamachi worked fine for me and my friend. Did you give it a shot?
    Thessian said:

Same problem here, Hamachi or other external programs are not a solution and I've already opened the right ports in my router, all my friends got this same problem.

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    Multiplayer works. Buggy yes.

Perhaps you are behind a router and have not added ports. Perhaps you have a firewall.
  • mixnmatchmixnmatch Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    Hamachi allows me to get myself and a friend to the lobby screen, create our characters and hit begin. But once that happens whoever hosts go's into the game but the joiner gets booted. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. By the way If I don't use hamachi we can't join at all.
    Edit. The recommended ports are forwarded and firewalls are open at both ends.
  • PencilPencil Member Posts: 16
    It's nothing to do with port forwarding, the client is bugged with 3 or more players. there are some clunky work arounds though.
  • ElnisElnis Member Posts: 14
    mixnmatch said:

Hamachi allows me to get myself and a friend to the lobby screen, create our characters and hit begin. But once that happens whoever hosts go's into the game but the joiner gets booted. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. By the way If I don't use hamachi we can't join at all.
    Edit. The recommended ports are forwarded and firewalls are open at both ends.

My friend and I have the EXACT same problem, everything exactly as described in the quote above.
    If anyone has had the same problem and found a solution to it, please feel free to give us advice :)
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    Pencil said:

It's nothing to do with port forwarding, the client is bugged with 3 or more players. there are some clunky work arounds though.

If you don't have the correct ports added....The multiplayer client will not work. Period. Whether it is buggy or not. All those updates to the client will likely handle more players (6) and make it more smooth to play.

I have the ports added. The correct ones. I have my firewall disabled (Windows).

http://findports.com/document.php?tag=baldurs-gate -- The other ports that most people do not even know about, nor have they added them. Port 47630 is the only one that is shown in game when creating a server.
    Post edited by majinsnake on