Skip to content

BG2EE: Managed to break "Rescue Garren's child from Firkraag" quest

MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
edited September 2022 in Troubleshooting
Ok so. In Chapter 2 I went to Garren's cabin, and somehow managed to skip the part where Firkraag's mercenaries came to kidnap Garren's kid Taar. I think I didn't rest in the cabin, though I'm not sure. Anyways, Taar was still kidnapped and I saved him but I left killing Firkraag for later.

Now I'm in Chapter 6, I went and killed Firkraag and went to the cabin to inform Garren and the kid of the happy occasion, and there was Garren and Taar X2. I spoke to all three of them and suddenly Firkraag's bandits appeared to kidnap Taar. Now there's one Garren, one Taar, and when I talk to Garren he asks me to save his child?

Is there any way to fix this? Any global variable I can edit on my save game? Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: Now I slept in the cabin and talked to Taar again and he gave me the dialogue for the prison when he thanks me for rescuing him and exited the cabin. Then he materialized in the cabin again and when I talked to him I managed to complete the quest!

I'd still like to know if there is a list of global variables and their meaning somewhere?