Skip to content

[v1.09] Nalia At Last: A Romance Mod for BG2:EE Throne of Bhaal

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    edited November 2022
    Is it the same talk when you force talk to her each time? I would think it would work once. Is it the "We're a long way from the De'Arnise Keep now. My relatives probably don't mind that." text?

CHAIN IF ~Global("PGNaliaLove","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN NALIA25J LoveTalk1
    @394 // ~We're a long way from the De'Arnise Keep now. My relatives probably don't mind that.~
    DO ~IncrementGlobal("PGNaliaLove","GLOBAL",1)~

The above has it incrementing.

Or is it a different line? Trying to figure out if yours is not incrementing for some reason, or I'm looking at the wrong line.

I pushed a 1.03 with more fixes, but they're unrelated to the first lovetalk.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2022
    It says:
    "You regard Nalia, the eager and giving young woman who has become far more than a ready ally in your daily struggles."
    This line would automatically fire off at the start of TOB and repeat over and over again every 5 seconds after I installed your mod but not in any of my SOA save games. After the new release of your mod it only shows up when I force talk to her. It comes up every time I force talk her.
    edited November 2022
    That dialogue line actually doesn't come from my mod, it comes from the De'Arnise Romance. What might be happening is my mod is trying to fire a dialogue line but for some reason the De'Arnise's dialogue is higher in importance (Despite being an SoA line, which is weird.)

Because that line is higher in the file, the right dialogue line isn't being picked.

Try doing C:SetGlobal("FWDisableFlirts","GLOBAL",1), then force talk to her and see what line fires. (Or adding the variable through EEKeeper, whatever your preference is.)

If it works, I'll force disable the De'Arnise's SoA Flirts in my mod for compatibility. If not, maybe she's incorrectly using her SoA dialogue still.

edited November 2022
    I typed it into the command console and now when I force talk to her, nothing happens. I believe that's the correct behavior as nobody else responds when I try to force talk to them usually. I'm using EET so that may be the problem but it wouldn't hurt to have EET compatibility for your mod in the long run.
    edited November 2022
    It's not an EET issue, I have it installed on my EET version, and it works fine there, it's something else. I'll have to rush a playthrough that starts from SoA to see if I can replicate it.
    edited November 2022
    After being able to replicate it, I can confirm something is bad with the EET installation. When your party goes to ToB, it assigns characters their ToB scripts and dialogue. When Nalia goes to ToB, it is only assigning her new script, but the dialogue isn't getting changed. It's no fault of Nalia at Last or De'Arnise, it happened with all of my characters, Aerie's dialogues weren't firing either in a party I put into ToB. I don't know who else is in your party, but it's likely happening with them too.

Since it's perfectly harmless for me to reassign Nalia's dialogue to her ToB dialogue anyway if she's in the party, I've uploaded a test version that does just that. It worked locally, and I think it will work with yours.

https://github.com/Skitia/Nalia_At_Last/releases/tag/EET-Test-Fix

You'll soon find the problem though, is that any other NPC in your party will probably not fire dialogues and dialogues involving them will break because they are still using their SoA dialogue file, unless they were summoned in from the pocket plane. This can be fixed with modding, (I could do it in about five minutes for you if I know who the other NPCs are) or removing them/playing with variables to summon fresh ones with their ToB dialogues set, or using nearinfinity to fix the dialogues in the save .gam file.

The issues should end there, I didn't notice any other problems once the dialogue assignment is corrected.
    @Sour What other mods do you have installed?

edited November 2022
    Another Fine Hell
    Ascension
    BG mini quests
    CD tweaks
    De Arnise Romance
    Difficulty Tweaks
    EET
    EET tweaks
    Endless BG1
    Imoen 4 ever
    Quest Pack
    Road to discovery
    Skie the cost of one girls soul
    SCS
    BG1 NPC Project
    Boarsekyr bridge scene
    Reunion
    Expanded Thief stronghold
    Wheels of prophecy
    Trials of the Luremaster in TOB
    HQ sound clips
    DLC merger
    Nalia at last

My party consists of
    FMT
    Nalia
    Minsc
    Jaheria
    Neera
    Serevok

Everything's worked fine so far but the De Arnise Romance did have some random comments pop up multiple times throughout SOA. Every once in a while Nalia would approach me and fire off a comment that she had already had before. It's possible something could have gone wrong on my end as this is the first time I've used the De Arnise Romance but I did complete it and had no crashes from it. None of her love talks where I actually make verbal choices repeated.

I've had about 5 crashes throughout the entire trilogy which is actually more than usual and I think it's SCS related as SCS has been less stable since Beamdog patched the game to 2.6.6. I've had to do a few manual fixes for SCS this time around but overall I haven't had any real problems and I figure the next official release of SCS will bring things back to normal. I usually get 1 or 2 crashes over the course of the entire trilogy and 400 hours of gameplay. Most of these mods I've used before without any issue.

The new ones I'm using this time are:
    The cost of one girls soul
    De Arnise Romance
    Trials of the Luremaster in TOB
    Reunion
    Nalia at Last

The Cost of One girls soul was flawless. De Arnise Romance had some random comments repeating which may have been the result of me seeing all the comments and they just started recyling every time a certain amount of time passed and Nalia would be scripted to make a random comment but I don't know for sure, it could have been a bug or a problem with my install for all I know. Trials of the Luremaster and Reunion I have not gotten to yet.

EET has been problematic since Beamdog updated the game as well. It went a while without working at all and then things were patched out of the blue with a "sorry, I didn't get to this sooner" message and then the EET forum went back to being dead again. It wouldn't shock me if EET wasn't entirely working correctly at this point but I haven't noticed any problems that I could blame on it up to this point. This issue with Nalia's script is the first problem I've run into that could be related to EET that I am aware of.

Post edited by Sour on
    edited November 2022
    One thing of note, Imoen's Acension banter at the start of TOB fired off as usual and so did Serevok's starting banter that allows you to change his alignment. The Reunion mod has a TOB quest involving Nalia and the keep from SOA. I don't know if that could be a problem but I figured I should mention it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    they only note your romance with someone at the end of the mod. but this is only with the vanilla romances so all modded romances have this issue.
  • TrigletTriglet Member Posts: 9
    @Skitia I had a problem with end game bio. It showed me the vanilla one. I've had a look in nearinfinity and found out the string refs in those 5 .2da files responsible for epilogues point to standard end text. Could it be missing .2da files in your mod (I don't see any in install files) or just botched install?

I don't know how weidu installation process or IE works exactly. Just what I've figured out by taking a glance at nearinfinity, so I'm just making assumptions here.
    I'll test it out tomorrow and see if I can replicate.
    edited December 2022
    Skitia wrote: »
    I'll test it out tomorrow and see if I can replicate.

Would you be able to tell me which epilogue text should be assigned to each 5 .2da files? I would hotfix my files and replace the strings with correct ones. You can DM me if you don't want to do spoilers here.

From what I can see it's these 5 files:
    NALIARD.2da
    NALIAMA.2da
    NALIARC.2da
    NALIADA.2da
    NALIART.2da
    edited December 2022
    If you open setup.tra in the Nalia_at_last/TRA/English folder, you can find the epilogue strings there.

To match them to their respective line, you can use the .tp2 as reference or go by the following rules of their last two letters in the filename to find it (Each epilogue has a comment line where the below will connect with.)
    RD = Romance Default
    MA = Marriage Ascended
    RC = Romance Candlekeep
    DA = Default Ascended
    RT = Romance (Rule) Together

Alternatively, I uploaded the fix, so if you wanted to brave the final battle again, you can download v1.05. I had to make several adjustments to make it more compatible with other mods and the original, as the original epilogue insisted on firing alongside the new ones once I fixed the 2da number reference issue.

What did you think about the romance up until the end?
    edited December 2022
    Thanks, not sure how I missed them in setup.tra as I'm pretty sure I had opened them as well. I looked for them in dialog.tlk like a dummy. Guess I must have been tired after ToB marathon.

I just fixed it myself, for now I'm probably done with BG until I get that itch again. Going trough the trilogy on insane scs setting can be tiresome. Besides I dunno if installing it again on top of other mods wouldn't cause problems and I want to keep this install unless there will be any major updates to game/mods.

Regarding romance? I think it was fine overall, fitting with Nalia's character progression. I don't think I've encountered any other bugs. Might be light on content but I guess it's hard to stuff anything sensible into ToB.
    Thanks! Which path did you take, by the way? Through the De'Arnise/Arnel's Nalia romance mod or the standalone? My guess is the majority will do the romance through De'Arnise.
    I used the Pocket plane group mod, I don't remember which one it is.
    That is the De'Arnise mod. I figure most people will use that one.
    edited January 2023
    Nalia is now at v1.06

v1.06 has a Russian translation by Jericho2 that is added.
    Post edited by Skitia on
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2023
    Thanks!
  • ReturrnReturrn Member Posts: 4
    Using De'Arnise I cannot get the master wraith sequence to fire. Until I manually added a global variable NaliaRomanceActive with a value of 2, fake Gorion didn't make any reference to Nalia even being in my party. After that variable insertion the game softlocked as it failed to load in Nalia's father.
    Keep up the good work and thanks, it's great to see Nalia getting some love.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Was this on EET?
    Nope, just BG2EE.
    I'll take a look at this and let you know what may be the cause.
    This should be fixed now, pushed the update in version 1.07
    The sequence is still not firing with De Arnise but after using a save with NALIAROMANCEACTIVE inserted it all works correctly. I can't see any update to X3Nal25.d on github and I think that that is where it does the variable check?
    edited February 2023
    Yep, I forgot to push that file, I added it and pushed in a v1.08

(If you fixed it via console change, I would set the NALIAROMANCEACTIVE back to 0 after it fires. I believe it has priority over the other romance variable so some dialogue may not make sense if it stays at 2.)
    Slight issue; using 1.08, following the now fixed wraith scene, PGNALIALOVE sticks on 5 forever. Manually setting it to 6 makes the rest of the dialogue work. I don't think you're setting the value to 6 in the Wraith code, causing lovetalk 3 to never trigger.
    Correct. I've fixed this. I think the Wraith conversation was one of the first things I wrote, and didn't double check it after I had a full foundation of what I wanted the variables to be.

Hopefully this is the last fix it needs.
  • Chicken7023Chicken7023 Member Posts: 26
    Hi ! Thank you for this mod that allowed me to test out both the old Nalia romance mods and yours in one go, for a full Nalia experience ! I just wanted to point out a small bug : the last Nalia talk in the continuation version keeps firing. It's the one associated with "PGNalialove" global 18. I used EEkeeper to set that global to 19 and fix the pb.
    + Would it be possible to have the ring seller within that mod ?