Skip to content

Apr - how many can you get?

StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
I seem to remember an old topic about APR.

The conclusion was, that you could only get up to 5 apr, and you could double that with IH. If you went above the 5 apr the IE would either cap you at 5 apr or in some versions give you 0 apr.

WW and GWW is a different can of worms.

Is that correct?

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    To my present understanding, the absolute cap on APR (attacks per round, not financial interest rates) is 10 with (Great) Whirlwind, Improved Haste, etc. EEex or/and GemRB may break these caps.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    Hi @Endarire

I agree. But what I am looking for is the max apr without IH or GWW/WW.

For instance: If a a level 13 fighter with true GM (from CDtweaks) wields a 2 handed weapon, the fighter can get 3,5 apr.

If the said fighter dual wields with belm or kundane (or both), the fighter could reach 5,5 or even 6.5 apr. Would that break the game, cap the apr at 5 apr or give the 6,5 apr?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    According to this, the max APR is 5 aside from specific abilities which increase that cap to a maximum of 10.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Yes. There's an engine-level cap of 5 APR before haste. Then haste can either add 1 increasing it to 6 or double it increasing it to 10, depending on what sort of haste.

The fighter's Whirlwind Attack ability, for example, sets APR to 5 and applies a version of improved haste, both with a duration of one round.

When dual-wielding, you get one off-hand attack per round, which can be doubled with haste. The overall 5 APR cap still applies, and will reduce your main-hand attacks if necessary. For example, monks get +0.5 APR with their fists every three levels, up to a maximum of 4 at level 18. 2.5 fist APR at level 9, 3 at level 12, 3.5 at level 15, 4 at level 18. If the monk equips a +1 APR sword in their off hand, that goes up to 3.5 fist and 1 sword APR at level 9, 4 fist and 1 sword at level 12, 4 fist and 1 sword at level 15, 4 fist and 1 sword at level 18.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354
    Good to know. Thanks for the replies @Endarire and @jmerry