Skip to content

Level Drain and Restoration Spells?

Hi,

My character got level drained in BG1 with some mods loaded. I'm now trying to locate a Scroll of Lessor or maybe Greater Restoration but I'm can't find one in any of the stores or temples. Any ideas of where one of these maybe found in BG1?

All the Best
Dave

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    I thought I would add, I have Dark Horizons and NTOSC mods installed
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    No stores in unmodded pre-SoD BGEE offer Restoration as a temple service. No stores in unmodded pre-SoD BGEE offer scrolls of restoration, aside from one in the Black Pits you can't get to in the standard campaign. So unless the mods you've installed added restoration to any temples, you're out of luck.

The alternatives...
    - Find a cleric, such as Branwen or Viconia. Grind them to level 7 (55K experience) so they have a level 4 spell slot. Memorize it, then let them go and bring them back whenever you need a restoration. If you have 32K or more experience on the protagonist, the new character will join at 32K experience, so that shouldn't take too long.
    - Kill the affected character, then raise them at any temple. Not an option for the protagonist, because of the game over.
    - Cheat in a scroll with C:CreateItem("RESTORE"). Use it; any character with 9 or more Int can read it.

Of course, the real solution is that mods which add level drain to the game should also add restoration to temples. But I didn't write any of those old "lots of new stuff" mods, so...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Or Ctrl-R on the affected character if you have cheatkeys enabled (that will also heal and remove other debuffs)