Skip to content

SCS/Ascension/LOB - Fighter/Cleric final TOB fight question about your experience

MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
Hey there adventurers,

Has anyone brought F/C through the full trilogy and could say how does it fare against the last fight?

I understand that with Hardiness, DoE, Ascension buff from the last gate, and Armor of Faith you can exceed 100% physical resistance, but I wonder how much does this help on the last fight.

If I remember correctly during the last fight BIG5 and demons will keep dispelling you, so you will constantly lose this buff, but maybe it's not an issue since cleric with high wisdom has A LOT of casts.

I also remember that in SCS if you are 100% resistant to certain type of damage then enemies will focus on other party members, so having MC with 100% resistance might not be ideal in party setting anyway.

I know there are other options which will have permanently 100% resistance like Barbarian, Dwarfen Defender or Druid dual/multi variants but I specifically wonder about F/C. Otherwise I might just go F/M/C for extra buffs and layers of protection and it can achieve 100% resistance too.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to build a party that will successfully beat the last fight without any exploits or heavy cheese*.

What is cheesy is subjective I know, but for example, for me it don't feel rewarding to beat the last fight using for example archer's stat drain with scorcher, or casting 7 simulacrums/project images, etc. I want to beat it with a team raw power. I question myself whether 100% resistance is cheesy too, but I'll ponder that later.

Thoughts? Any experience?