Skip to content

NWN:EE Borderless Windowed mode?

Hello all,
Apologies if this is the incorrect category or if the solution has been posted somewhere else (I have spent a good part of a day scouring the internet without any luck).

Is there any way to play Neverwinter Nights - Enhanced Edition in a Borderless Windowed mode?

I have a dual monitor setup. Currently, whenever I click on the second monitor, the game (on the first monitor) goes black and minimizes. I would like the ability to use my second monitor and keep the game fullscreen/focused on my main monitor. Many other games have this capability, and for the life of me, I cannot figure it out for this one.

After trying some online suggested solutions, I was able to use the second monitor without the game minimizing, but then the Windows taskbar would appear and cover the in-game quickslots sometimes. Additionally, when trying some of the solutions, the in-game mouse cursor would become inaccurate, almost "too low" to where it should be.

After frustrating hours of trial and error, I decided it was time to create an account and humbly come to you all for some assistance. This is the only game that I have experienced this issue with.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort, and if you need more information, please let me know!

Attempted Solutions:
- Adding "-popupwindow" within the Steam Launcher.
- Editing the "settings.tml" with combinations of "exclusive"/"windowed"/"true"/"false"/etc.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 in-game menu.
- Changing the Compatibility Mode settings to disable high DPI scaling.
- Alt + Enter.