Skip to content

Looking for another game like Baldur's Gate. Need suggestions.

SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
Playing Baldur's Gate has burned me out. I've played Pillars of Eternity and Pathfinder: Kingmaker but they had stuff that I didn't like. My eyes are on Tyranny and Black Geyser but I'm not sure. Looking for suggestions.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    to be honest, there is nothing out there that is like bg 1 and 2 unfortunately

the closest would be IWD and its expansion HoW, since they use the same engine with 2nd edition rules

so if you haven't played those games you can give them a shot, they play just like the BG series but they are WAY more combat focused as apposed to rich story ( for example, in that game you make your own team, and there are no npcs to join your team in that game )

then there is also NWN EE which comes with 3 main campaigns and whole bunch of other playable content, although its in a different engine and uses 3rd editon rules, but at its core its basically plays the same

there is also NWN 2 which uses the 3.5 edition rules and also has 3 main campaigns and some other downloadable modules ( in fact there is an IWD module for nwn 2 and its pretty good to be honest ) although out of the 3 campaigns storm of zehir is my favourite, its definitely a niche campaign to be honest, but i like it the best of the 3