Skip to content

BGEE Android - NPC Project

Hey all, I'm just wondering if there's anywhere I could download a Android compatible version of NPC project?

In 2019 I had followed guidance on how to do this myself but looking back now and being on a new phone I wondered if maybe someone had setup this mod for android and hosted it somewhere?

I'm also on Android 11. Will that be a problem for BGEE to run mods or is it 12 onwards that has issues?

Thanks

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Modding the mobile versions of the game is complicated, because it's so much harder to get at the files and run non-approved software on those platforms. And almost all serious mods for these games are programs (in a specialized language) that are installed by running them; the program creates altered versions of the needed game resources.

So what do people do? They set up a system on a desktop OS to install the mods, then package the altered files in a form that the mobile system can use. Transfer that package over, and you have a modded game on your mobile platform.
    There's a thread about the process on Android here. It also serves as a place where people can request modfiles to be made for them - after all, since the mod installation to build the file is done on a different system, you don't have to do that part yourself.
  • SevreiSevrei Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for replying. It's been a long time since I went through the process myself to get NPC project working on my old phone.

After some digging I did find Gusinda's thread which already had this specific mod and more bundled up.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/86922/android-bg1ee-2-6-6-10-bgsod-2-6-6-10-bg2ee-2-6-6-10-modfiles#latest

I followed his instructions including renaming the vanilla dialog files and everything is working great.