Skip to content

Is there any way to delay Joster's arrival in the thieves stronghold?

anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
edited February 2023 in BGII:EE Mods
In my opinion - 5 days between his coming to the guild to collect money is way too short. I am playing many mods, ROT, TDD etc., and travel time takes up to several dozen days, so it can be really inconvenient to come back to guild. Is there any modification, anything I can change in bcs or dlg, so he will spawn like every 10 or 20 days?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited February 2023
    The timers for Joster are handled by the global script BALDUR.BCS. Search for "JosterReturn" and "JosterPaid" in that script. Those use time values of "SIX_DAYS" and "FIVE_DAYS" by default; check GTIMES.IDS for the list of valid time constants you can use in their place.

Though, I thought of a more immersive idea - what if there were a way to pay remotely? Since the amount Joster charges has a random component, this should always be the maximum cost of 1000 gold. Or maybe even more. I'm thinking a messenger bird statuette, which would be in the guild house somewhere. Activate it to send a letter and a purse of gold, using a dialogue interface.
    Joster's dialogue implies that the thieves don't have any sympathy for your travel time issues. But if you're overpaying...