Skip to content

Near Infinity - Adding Attack per Round to a Weapon

Hey all,

I'm trying to modify a weapon's attacks per round using NI but I'm running into issues.

I'm starting from a 'known good' (Axe of Kruntur, "BDAX1H02.ITM") which has a working +1 Att/rd.

I'm trying to add that same ability to a modified version of Tsu-O-Shi ("CDKAT2.ITM" - a cursed katana +2, which I've removed all the curse effects from).

I've added exactly the same ability (at least I think so) to the katana, but it never takes effect after equipping the weapon.

Attched are both the .ITM files from my Override folder. Can anyone help me figure out why the effect isn't working on the katana?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It's the timing mode on that effect. You have the timing mode as mode 0 "instant/limited", the mode normally used for spells that last for a bit and then expire. It needs to be timing mode 2 "instant/while equipped"; that should basically always be the mode used for global effects on an item.
  • firebringerfirebringer Member Posts: 25
    wow that was a serious attention to detail fail on my part....I actually do use the timing modes for stuff so I should have seen that right away....

I guess when you stare at something too long you overlook obvious stuff...

Thanks a lot!