Skip to content

weidu making item mod and ı have some trouble

heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
edited February 2023 in General Modding
Greetings fellows;

I have sha.itm file for new amulet like edwin's but ı dont know how to add this item my charname in irenicus chateau with weidu.

I dont want add to stores and npc creature , How to give this item to my charname without cluaconsole.

ı am using this code rightnow
BACKUP ~sha/backup~

AUTHOR ~Heatcliff@gmail.com~

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~shaBG/english~ ~shaBG/english/english.tra~

BEGIN ~sha~

COPY  ~sha/sha.itm~ ~override/sha.itm~
    SAY NAME1 @1
    SAY NAME2 @2
    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @3
    SAY DESC @4

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    edited February 2023
    So you have an item, and you want to get it to a character so they can use it. There are several possible approaches:
    - If it's an NPC you want to give it to and you want them to just always have it, you can just edit that creature's CRE file and add the item. COPY_EXISTING, ADD_CRE_ITEM.
    - Put it in the world somewhere, on a creature that you'll kill or a container in a map that you'll open. Same tools for the creature, and the ADD_AREA_ITEM function for the container.
    - Have a script give the item to a party member through the GiveItemCreate or CreateItem script actions. Obviously, you want this to only run once; in most cases, this means that you also test for and increment a variable in the block. That means writing a .BAF file and extending whatever script you choose to attach this to. WeiDU has EXTEND_TOP and EXTEND_BOTTOM actions for this, among other possibilities.
    - Have a dialogue action give the item to a party member through the GiveItemCreate script action. This would involve writing a .D file to edit whatever dialogue file you're doing this in.

(And probably more; this is just what I could think of off the top of my head)
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2023
    I used this method but it wasn't exactly that in mind. I was expect an easier way

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/17241-adding-a-special-ability-or-innate/
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Yes. That's what I gave you. Several of them.

Why no detail? Because you didn't provide any detail either. I have no idea what your item does, what it's concept is, how you want it to be integrated into the campaign ... work that out, and it should point to an appropriate method.
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    It is a item like edwin's amulet. İt gives extra spell slot per wiz/level and globe inv effect when it equips