Skip to content

Solo Black Pits 2 on LoB difficulty

Well, I'm proud that I was able to win the first 5 fights (Tier 1) with a solo Berserker9/Mage imported from Black Pits 1 on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty. B)

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Principal weapon: throwing axe (Grand Mastery).
    Useful attacking spells: Chromatic Orb (especially vs orcs, instant petrification/death), Horror, Web, Slow, Confusion, Greater Malison, Emotion: Hopelessness, Polymorf Other (into a squirrel), Chaos, Sphere of Chaos.

Most of enemies were killed by instant death or squirrel transformation (5 Umber Hulks transformed into squirrels LoL). :p
    edited February 2023
    It's important to prepare Berserker/Mage in Black Pits 1 and, in particular, to buy and memorize all Mage spells of levels 1-5, including Find Familiar (accessible for dual-classed mages)! B)
    Post edited by Yigor on
    Curiously, an easy fight with vampires (Tier II-1). Gaul killed in 1 hit by Azuredge while summoned Planetar exterminated easily all other vampires. ⚔️
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    Well done - no small feat. Two questions:

1) Which alignment did you choose (which familiar do you reccomend)?

2) Was your stats min maxed? How did you allocate?
    Well done - no small feat. Two questions:

1) Which alignment did you choose (which familiar do you reccomend)?

2) Was your stats min maxed? How did you allocate?

Thanks! 😉

1) Chaotic Good (the good alignment is necessary to use Azuredge). I don't use the familiar in fights, it serves only to get additional HP. Any familiar is almost instantly killed in these extreme fights anyway. Even the Cacofiend (=Nabassu, lvl 7 mage spell) usually doesn't survive during the supposed 15 rounds. Only Planetars (and similar creatures) can survive.

2) Yes, the stats are minimaxed (18/84, 18, 18, 18, 10, 5) and dual-classed fighter/mage is better since U can use the grand mastery in throwing weapons (the melee seems impossible anyway). However, the squirrel transformation (using Polymorph Other and Sphere of Chaos) is your best friend!
    edited February 2023
    Current status: Bererker9/Mage 22, just finished the Tier II-4 (Mardii and his Elementals).

Well, the fight is easy in the following way: cast the level 9 Imprisonment spell on Mardii (the demilich's tactics, no saving throws) then kill 3 Elementals. 😎
    An insane fight in Tier II-5 with demons and devils, totally unpredictable, I restarted 5+ times. Finally 2 Imprisonment spells worked on 2 most tough tanar'ri (T'alcor and Glabrezu), others killed each other or were killed by my Planetar.

So I have finished the Tier II. 😎
    Tier III-2: The quickest win in few seconds: Planetar to distract it + Imprisonment.
    Tier III-3: Time Stop+Imprisonment to eliminate the lich and summoned Earth Elementals vs Bone Golems.

Current Status: Berserker9/Mage24, preparing to Tier III-4.
    Well, I have completed Tier III, after a long fight with Illithids. However, my tactics heavily rely on high-level mage spells (Imprisonment, Planetar, Time Stop). I'll make a break with this char at the moment.

I wanna try a different (non-mage) class. 😎 What do you suggest?
  • BardsSuck_BardsSuck_ Member Posts: 133
    Good job ! i couldnt finish dennaton last fight even with 6 lol
    BardsSuck_ wrote: »
    Good job ! i couldnt finish dennaton last fight even with 6 lol

Sure, some fights are tough even on Easy difficulty. Before I thought that LoB in Black Pits 2 is impossible. I wanted to try and win just 1-2 fights and it worked. 😎 The mage's lvl 9 Imrisonment spell (used by demi-liches with no saving throws) is kinda cheating, but very useful at this difficulty.

What do U suggest as my next (non-mage) solo LoB try (with the modest goal to finish, at least, 3 initial fights)?
    Try no arcane just for fun lol, pick a melee class...can be interesting.

Maybe fighter to cleric, the most op ive tried.
    Try no arcane just for fun lol, pick a melee class...can be interesting.

Maybe fighter to cleric, the most op ive tried.

All right, though the melee seems to be impossible on LoB.

Maybe Fighter/Cleric dual-classed at level 9 (prepared and imported from BP1) with grand mastery in slings ‽ 🤣

edited February 2023
    I would get GM in flails, flail of ages, run up to people and smack them hard. At least you have some tools like divine magic and gear to use. Its not a crap class like monk.

At some point this strat will run out of steam, but its the point of these challenges.
    I would get GM in flails, flail of ages, run up to people and smack them hard. At least you have some tools like divine magic and gear to use. Its not a crap class like monk.

At some point this strat will run out of steam, but its the point of these challenges.

Ok, I will prepare a Berserker/Cleric in BP1 (today or tomorrow) with GM in flails and will try to win, at least, the first battle vs orcs in BP2. 🤣
    Im gonna import my satanic evil subhuman incel thief/cleric and give it a go too lol, with 1 apr im not exactly expecting miracles but well see.
    edited February 2023
    Im gonna import my satanic evil subhuman incel thief/cleric and give it a go too lol, with 1 apr im not exactly expecting miracles but well see.

Wow, it looks even harder than Berserker/Cleric. 😸

Hint: Non-exploded traps remain in the arena! 😎
    Not gonna lie, LOB is brootal, i cant even beat orcs, i have to rethink how im gonna tackle them...

My gnome has girdle and shield with +4 to missile, but once archers are in middle of arena, no matter how much you run they always got range to hit,

f63yxi4wwugg.png
    edited February 2023
    Not gonna lie, LOB is brootal, i cant even beat orcs, i have to rethink how im gonna tackle them...

My gnome has girdle and shield with +4 to missile, but once archers are in middle of arena, no matter how much you run they always got range to hit.

Right, those brutal orc archers should be neutralized asap. It was "relatively easy" for my mage (Chromatic Orb, Polymorph Other). Now, with a thief, U maybe need a lot of Invisibility potions and backstabs. There are 15 invisibility potions on sale. It's also possible to hide in shadows (and/or lay traps) if U quickly run to the arena's border. However, the very first battle looks already like an epic boss fight. 🤣

What is the exact profile of your character (class, race, stats). I could try it in the near future. Today, I prepared a Berserker/Cleric in BP1. 😎
    The cloud priest spell buys some time, but i need find a way to shut one archer down asap, maybe ill try command, here are stats

charisma 6 shafted me in vendor prices, i completely forgot about it, tomorrow ill look at vendor stuff more closely

I have a club +1 and sling with +2 bullets 6bcadlpzmnfm.png

x02z0oos2e7p.png

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Low charisma doesn't hurt you, aside from not being a discount. Low reputation (for being evil) might hurt you in BP1, but BP2 merchants ignore reputation. You're merely paying full list price. A charisma of more than 15 is the only way to improve that, with up to a 25% discount if you reach 20 CHA.
    Thanks Jerry,

It suddenly hit me that i can run around shooting the fireball potions, tomorrow ill see how many vendor has and try this strategy, it may just be what will save my gnome ass.
    I started with a Berserker9/Cleric11 imported from BP1.

I-1: The battle with orcs is won thanks to the Invisible Stalker (lvl 6 summon). 🌬️
    II-2: Easy win with 2 Invisible Stalkers and summoned Animals II. 😎
    Thanks Jerry,

It suddenly hit me that i can run around shooting the fireball potions, tomorrow ill see how many vendor has and try this strategy, it may just be what will save my gnome ass.

My tactics: Summon the Invisible Stalker, Animals II and try to Immobilize/Stun some orcs with cleric spells. 😎
    edited February 2023
    Btw, my char has an insane -18 defense bonus to throwing weapons thanks to a cape, girdle and boots "Cat's Grace". 😉

IIRC, there is also a shield with additional +4 defense bonus vs throwing weapons. 😎
    edited February 2023
    I-3: Lizardmen are tougher fighters. My tactics: Pit Fiend (lvl 7 spell "Gate") for 33 rounds, then 2 Invisible Stalkers, all other summons. I finished in an authentic melee with the last-standing Lizardman Shaman (casting nasty spells btw and hiding himself) while my Berserker/Cleric has the Grand Mastery in flails. ⚔️

Current status: Berserker9/Cleric17, 142 HP, AC=-20 vs throwing weapons, preparing for Tier I-4: Umber Hulks.

Preliminary try: Umber Hulks are even tougher killing 2 Pit Fiends, 2 Invisible Stalkers and all other summons. After that, there are still 4 wounded Hulks. My char dies in a heroic but suicidal melee. 🤣
    edited February 2023
    Your doing good ! Gj !

Ill play a bit this afternoon and try some stuff.
    Your doing good ! Gj !

Ill play a bit this afternoon and try some stuff.

Thanks! 😉 Current achievements:

Berserker9/Mage26 after completing Tier III, 195 HP (thanks to a familiar), grand mastery in axes.
    Berserker9/Cleric20 after completing Tier I-4 (umber hulks), 148 HP, grand mastery in flails.

The fight of Berserker/Cleric with drows (Tier I-5) is very complex and difficult. Maybe I'll make a break, trying something easier at the moment. 😎