Skip to content

BGEE does not start SoD on android

Hello!

I recently finished BGEE on my android. The game version is 2.6 and my smarthphone is a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
I have two questions:

1 - When importing my progress from BG1 to SoD, there were no problems, except that it didn't import scroll case and gem bag. Why?

2 - When finishing the BGEE on android, I noticed that the SoD does not start alone, so that transition does not occur. I believe that if the game started the other automatically, the problem mentioned in question 1 would not occur, right?

Can you help me please?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The contents of a character's inventory and equipment are part of that character's creature file, which naturally carries over as that file is copied in the import process. In fact, the only reason you don't get the character's stuff when you import to BG2 is that the game has a script taking it all away from you.
    The contents of containers such as scroll cases and gem bags are not part of the character's creature file; they're separate "store" files. Those store files aren't copied as part of the import process, so they don't carry over. The game then chooses to remove the bags outright rather than leaving you with empty bags, perhaps to make things a little less jarring.

If you "continue" from one campaign to another, as happens when you defeat Irenicus at the end of BG2EE's SoA campaign or when you defeat Sarevok at the end of BGEE's main campaign when you have SoD (on the desktop versions), then everything in the save comes with you including bags and their contents.
    If you're on a mobile version in which SoD is a separate app, there's no option to continue. You'll just have to live with losing your gem bag and scroll case. Thankfully, SoD offers a number of new containers for you to use, including a bag of holding that can carry up to 2000 items.
  • MortiisMortiis Member Posts: 6
    Wow, thanks so much for the reply my friend!
    It clarified my doubts perfectly.
    So really, there's no such option when it comes to mobile gaming, because they're separate apps, it makes perfect sense.
    Glad to know that in SoD I will be able to buy these bags again.
    Thanks!