Skip to content

Needing a rest emote script for EE module

Hey everyone, I am trying to implement a rest emote script for when people rest. An emote/animations listing inside of it. I am new to toolset but trying my hardest to accomplish this! I am on NWN EE and using new cep in the module. :) Thanks!

Comments

• mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    What exactly should happen on rest? Funny lines like "It's about time, the player is such a slave driver".? Or animations? I don't know if animations (such as sweeping the sweat from the forehead) are possible since the PC almost immediately sits cross.
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    Resting is an action. Animations are also an action. The PC can only perform one action at a time, so they have to either animate or rest, but can't do both at the same time. You could possibly have the PC animate, then rest, or rest then animate, or animate, rest, then animate again, but there's no way to make the PC both rest and animate at the same time.

Speaking is an action, but since SpeakString is instantaneous and the text persists, you can make it appear as though the PC is doing both speaking and resting at the same time by having the PC speak and then rest.
  • LadyExLadyEx Member Posts: 5
    mmat wrote: »
    What exactly should happen on rest? Funny lines like "It's about time, the player is such a slave driver".? Or animations? I don't know if animations (such as sweeping the sweat from the forehead) are possible since the PC almost immediately sits cross.
    Slave driver lol
  • LadyExLadyEx Member Posts: 5
    Melkior wrote: »
    Resting is an action. Animations are also an action. The PC can only perform one action at a time, so they have to either animate or rest, but can't do both at the same time. You could possibly have the PC animate, then rest, or rest then animate, or animate, rest, then animate again, but there's no way to make the PC both rest and animate at the same time.

Speaking is an action, but since SpeakString is instantaneous and the text persists, you can make it appear as though the PC is doing both speaking and resting at the same time by having the PC speak and then rest.

I finally just added an emote wand to use the emotes. Originally was wanting to use the rest button to pull up a menu with emotes
  • MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    LadyEx wrote: »
    Melkior wrote: »

I finally just added an emote wand to use the emotes. Originally was wanting to use the rest button to pull up a menu with emotes

That works. Or you could have activated a conversation by using a custom Player Feat. But an emote wand is easier.
  • mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    >> I finally just added an emote wand to use the emotes. Originally was wanting to use the rest button to pull up a menu with emotes[/quote]

No lines? Too bad ...