Skip to content

Throwing axe modifiers on Berserker

So i noticed my berserker gets full bonuses off her **** in axes on throwing axes while the class specifies that they cannot get above * with missile weapons. My question is, after I ***** on axes, will getting a * in missiles further improve the THACO or does the weapon just receive the higher bonus? should i instead put profieciency in one handed weapon fighting for the throwing axe? (currently have ** in 2 handed but have not found a +x 2 handed axe yet)

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2023
    It seems to me that the grand mastery applies fully to a Berserker using throwing axes. My Berserker9/Mage with grandmastery in axes is a very strong fighter (in Black Pits 2 on LoB difficulty). If U wish, I can check his effective THAC0. 😎
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Each weapon type uses exactly one proficiency. Whether it's a regular melee axe, a thrown axe, or a throwing axe used in melee, axe proficiency is what applies to all of them. The only other proficiencies that have any effect are weapon styles, and those effects only apply if you're fighting in melee. If you're actually throwing the axe, no weapon styles apply.
  • ThaliaTheliThaliaTheli Member Posts: 6
    jmerry wrote: »
    Each weapon type uses exactly one proficiency. Whether it's a regular melee axe, a thrown axe, or a throwing axe used in melee, axe proficiency is what applies to all of them. The only other proficiencies that have any effect are weapon styles, and those effects only apply if you're fighting in melee. If you're actually throwing the axe, no weapon styles apply.

thank you! this is exactly what I was wondering