Skip to content

Does anyone know how to get the Planescape Torment trailer off the EXE found in Baldur's Gate DVD?

Title. The Bg1 DVD came with the 1999 E3 trailer of Planescape torment, which is still absolutely a pleasure to watch. It came as an EXE file to ensure it could be played from the get-go and without extra support. I'd like to get it out, but I have no clue how. Can anyone help?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Try the script from the attached file. It should extract the MVE from the executable. I have only tested it on the "torments.exe" from my own old oBG1 discs, which has a file size of 30730144 bytes. The script may not work for other file variants.

Unpack the script and call:
    extract_mve.bat path/to/torments.exe

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    It did, thank you very much! Then I made it an AVI with your tool of around 130MB. Time to see if I can make it better!
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    edited February 2023
    argent77 wrote: »
    Try the script from the attached file. It should extract the MVE from the executable. I have only tested it on the "torments.exe" from my own old oBG1 discs, which has a file size of 30730144 bytes. The script may not work for other file variants.

Unpack the script and call:
    extract_mve.bat path/to/torments.exe

So, I asked in order to attempt this:

https://youtu.be/8iRO47Yr2hU

It didn't came out as well as I hoped, but I don't think it can be helped.