Skip to content

Yo

Tape_WormTape_Worm Member Posts: 5
edited March 2023 in New Members Welcome Area
So, yeah, I'm new. Shiny. But I've been watching you all for years :neutral:

Anyway, now that you're sufficiently creeped out or turned on, I have a quick question.

I haven't played the Baldur's Gate EE games in a while, and I set them up and installed the EET mod so I can just have one gigantor of a game to play.

I set my character up, and began a combat encounter to test things out and the first thing I notice is that my guy (I have no one else in my party) starts automatically fighting.

Is this normal? I think I recall that wasn't the case for the controlled character the last time I played, in that I had to manually move them, attack, select spells, etc... Or am I just dumb and misremembering?

Also, if this isn't the right place to ask this, could you kindly point me to the correct forum? Thanks!

Comments

• TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 498
    Your character have a AI script on it. On the character sheet, click on customize, and then script, and then you can choose none if you prefer to control it.
    Alternatively, you can also totally disable AI by clicking on the lantern like button at the bottom right of the screen.
  • KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    A warm welcome to you, Tape_Worm.
    Have fun.
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    Welcome to the forum! B)
  • Tape_WormTape_Worm Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2023
    Thanks.

I ran an unmodded version of Baldur's Gate II EE and when I spawned in a creature, my dude went and automatically attacked it. So it seems this auto attack behaviour is default.

I wish I had remembered I had an untouched copy of BG2 EE before I wrote my message, would have cleared things right up.